04-11-2021 · Substack journalist Matt Taibbi tore into MSNBC star Rachel Maddow for appearing to double down in her Russiagate coverage even as details …
Substack journalist Matt Taibbi tore into MSNBC star Rachel Maddow for appearing to double down in her Russiagate coverage even as details emerging from the Durham probe continue to undercut the Democrat and media-driven narrative during the Trump administration.
Special Counsel John Durham charged Steele dossier sub-source Igor Danchenko's arrest with five counts of making false statements to the FBI but the indictment also shed light on his ties to Democratic operatives.
Maddow, who became the most prominent TV host to push the Russia collusion narrative, addressed the latest developments in the Durham probe- but seemed to dismiss the severity of the new revelations.
ABC, CBS, NBC NEWSCASTS IGNORE DURHAM INDICTMENT OF STEELE DOSSIER SUB-SOURCE AFTER HYPING RUSSIA NARRATIVE
"The indictment in this case tells a story beyond just the charges," Maddow told viewers Thursday night. "It, like the other indictment from John Durham, seems designed to try to further this project of making the Russian investigation itself seem like a scandal."
Rachel Maddow lost to a dozen Fox News programs in the key category, (Photo by Virginia Sherwood/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images)
After referring to the prior Durham indictment of Democratic attorney Michael Sussmann "weird" and "problematic," Maddow insisted the indictment of Danchenko offers an "unmistakable impression" that it is "designed to smear Christopher Steele's intelligence reports as things that were deliberately made up and concocted by rascally Democrats."
"If the goal here is for this Trump-holdover special prosecutor to try to discredit the whole Russia investigation by arresting various sources for that investigation, to try to discredit the Steele dossier because so many people have been led to think that that's the basis for the whole investigation, to essentially get payback on anyone involved in the Russia investigation no matter how far down the chain, well, what do the actual investigators think about that, the people who actually carried out the Trump Russia investigation itself," Maddow asked.
She then invited former FBI agent Peter Strzok, who was famously removed from the Mueller probe after anti-Trump text messages with his lover, former FBI lawyer Lisa Page, had surfaced, to weigh in on the Durham indictments.
INDICTMENT OF STEELE DOSSIER SOURCE REMINDS MEDIA WATCHDOGS OF NEWS ORGANIZATIONS WHO HEAPED CREDIBILITY ON IT
Strzok began by alleging the targets of the Durham indictments so far are "almost peripheral" to the DOJ's Russia investigation and stressed that lying to the FBI is a "significant, significant crime" but expressed concern of the "backdrop" of the special counsel's investigation.
"So my worry is that as Americans hear this news- they don't really know how the Russian investigation ended, they hear these concerns and they say, ‘Well, there must be a problem.’ And that's being picked up and amplified by people who are seizing on this to say, ‘See the entire effort- everything Mueller did everything the FBI was nonsense, it was bogus. It was based on lies.’ And that just couldn't be further from the truth," Strzok said.
FILE - In this July 12, 2018, file photo, then-FBI Deputy Assistant Director Peter Strzok, testifies on Capitol Hill in Washington. Strzok, a former FBI agent who was fired because of derogatory text messages about Donald Trump, writes in a new book that he believes the president has been compromised by Russia. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta, File)
Maddow went on to accuse Durham of making "uncharged, vague allegations" that Alfa Bank-Trump Organization narrative and the Steele dossier were "deliberate fictions that were knowingly cooked up by bad actors who were all Democrats who were making this stuff up knowing that it was false and giving it to the FBI, knowing it was all made up just to basically implicate the FBI in a dirty trick against Trump."
Strzok agreed, saying the indictments have "subtle dog whistles" to "pro-Trump conspiracy theories."
DURHAM CHARGES FBI SUB-SOURCE WITH FIVE COUNTS OF LYING TO FBI
On Friday, Taibbi offered a blistering response to Maddow's "shocking new low," writing, "With last night's loony response to the indictment of Igor Danchenko, the MSNBC anchor takes a bold leap off the credibility cliff."
"Whatever the category below 'disgraced journalist' is, she entered it with gusto with last night’s performance," Taibbi wrote.
The independent journalist called Russiagate a "sizable boil on the face of American journalism" but that the Danchenko revelations only magnify the "embarrassment" of the profession.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
"Every reporter who touched that allegation should be ashamed, and Rachel is at the front of that huge crowd. Among other things, she emphasized the importance of Steele’s "broader assertions," repeating the claim that the 'Russia regime has been cultivating, supporting and assisting Trump for at least five years,' going so far as to praise Steele for keeping his "head down" and listening to his "deep cover sources" like Danchenko," Taibbi wrote. "Rachel not only isn’t upset, she’s expressing pride in having been burned, and is digging in for more."
Taibbi later pointed out on Twitter, "As one of my subscribers points out, Dan Rather was forced out of television after one error. Now whole networks openly embrace stories like the Steele Dossier even after they’ve been exposed as fakes."
03-11-2021 · Rachel Maddow explains why Biden's "bad election night" wasn't bad, "for the first time since the 1980s, Republicans weren't able to flip those two governorships like the opposing party has been ...
Rachel Maddow showed that Biden actually outperformed the last 30 years of first-year presidents on election night.
Rachel Maddow: Democrats Have No Reason For Election Night Panic
Rachel Maddow explains why Biden's "bad election night" wasn't bad, "for the first time since the 1980s, Republicans weren't able to flip those two governorships like the opposing party has been able to do in the first year of every new presidency." pic.twitter.com/ZmmskP3qxx
— Sarah Reese Jones (@PoliticusSarah) November 4, 2021
Honestly, what happened here, for the past 30 years, every single time we’ve had a new president, that first year of the new president, the president’s party lost both the Virginia governor and New Jersey governor, every single time, except this time the Democrats didn’t lose New Jersey. In a rational world, this would not be a cause for democratic panic. Quite the contrary. Democrats have beat the odds. They’ve done everything that the great communicator, Ronald Reagan.
Ronald Reagan is the last president who pulled this off, the last time a president managed to lose only one of those governorships, the great communicator Ronald Reagan. You would think this would be cause for celebration in the Democratic Party. But that’s not how we do things. In the beltway press today you can see for yourself how they treated it.
But, you know, even if you want to take a wider lens of it, look at how else things have been going in big high-profile elections for the Democrats since President Biden was elected. Back in June, there was a congressional special election. It was in New Mexico. Republicans saw that as a major opportunity, talked about how optimistic they were for that outcome and that congressional race in June, ultimately the Democrat not only won the seat but won by a larger than expected margin, womp-womp.
In September, Republicans and especially the conservative media, they got themselves very excited about the big recall effort against the Democratic governor of California, statewide recall. They were going to throw him out of office, the Republicans would rise up in California and humiliate the Democrats in that race. What happened in that race? The Democratic governor did fine, in fact, he won by just about as much as he won the seat by in the first place. Just a colossal waste of money and energy and breath. It went absolutely nowhere for them.
And now, last night, for the first time since the 1980s, Republicans weren’t able to flip those two governorships like the opposing party has been able to do in the first year of every new presidency going all the way back to Poppy Bush. They only got one. Dems held onto the other. Why this scenario should be cause for Democratic freakout is beyond me. I mean, if you’re a Democrat and you enjoy freaking out, knock yourself out. Be my guest. But rationally, big picture, you would rather be the party of Joe Biden than the party of Donald Trump right now.
Democrats Are Freaking Out Because The Media Told Them That They Did Badly
Democrats still haven’t learned that the corporate media is not an honest broker. Its entire business model is built on conflict and division. The media had already decided before a single vote was cast that the 2021 election would be a failure and a rebuke of Joe Biden.
It turns out that they were basing this on their own desire to pump up Republicans and not a shred of historical fact.
Biden did better than the last three decades of first-year presidents.
The corporate media can’t be trusted, as they are putting their own narratives ahead of the facts.
Mr. Easley is the managing editor. He is also a White House Press Pool and a Congressional correspondent for PoliticusUSA. Jason has a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. His graduate work focused on public policy, with a specialization in social reform movements.
Awards and Professional Memberships
Member of the Society of Professional Journalists and The American Political Science Association
10-11-2021 · PLEASE PLEASE continue to come into our homes via Rachel Maddow Show…at LEAST 2 or 3 times a week if you feel you MUST branch out into other …
MSNBC die-hards tune in partially because they know what they can expect on most evenings: Rachel Maddow will do her 22 minutes of connecting-the-dots news-cycle analysis at 9 p.m., and Brian Williams will wrap up the day with a vast array of knowledgeable experts at 11.
Starting next year, however, fans — and even the executives who run the place — can’t be sure what they’re going to get.
Williams announced Tuesday that he will walk away from MSNBC and NBC News after a near three-decade run, while Maddow is negotiating over a new production deal that could result in a significant scaling back of her primetime duties. The NBCUniversal-owned cable-news network needs to decide by the end of the year what they want to put in the slot currently known as “The 11th Hour,” and likely by May of next year, how they might replace Maddow in their primetime lineup. Under one plan being considered, Maddow would do a show once a week, though MSNBC is hoping to convince her to do more.
If executives have a plan, or even specific anchors that are being considered for new roles at night, they haven’t articulated it to many outside the newsroom (and even some of those in it).
One potential reason for the muted guidance is that much of MSNBC’s programming success has been serendipitous. Maddow first gained traction as a fill-in host for Keith Olbermann. Members of the network’s “Morning Joe” franchise barely knew each other when they were thrown together in a bid to replace broadcasts of Don Imus’ morning radio program. Nicolle Wallace joined MSNBC as a contributor after parting ways with ABC’s “The View.” Early in the tenure of “11th Hour,” Williams billed his late-night appearances as “a pop up show” that would air nightly “from now until Election Day, when we will cancel ourselves.” Five years later, he’s still showing up — until December.
Meanwhile, some of MSNBC’s best-laid plans have gone awry. Consider early-afternoon programs from Ronan Farrow and Joy Reid that took an openly progressive view on the news cycle (both have gone on to have considerable better luck), or a weekend talk show led by actor Alec Baldwin that was scrapped after he became enmeshed in a gossipy altercation with reporters who were trying to cover a legal matter in which he was involved.
Many of those programming maneuvers took place in simpler times, when TV audiences were just that, and not prone to check out a streaming-video venue or a snippet of news delivered via social media.
Now MSNBC is navigating more difficult terrain. Like other cable networks, it’s grappling with viewer declines in the aftermath of the 2020 election. The dynamic is common; most news outlets see interest in their programs fade after a presidential run-off. But this occurs as media companies of all sorts are working their way through a new era when people are just as eager to seek out video news from their phone or a streaming FAST channel on a connected TV as they are to tune in to a cable-news mainstay. In October, MSNBC’s average primetime viewership among adults between the ages of 25 and 54 — the audience most desired by advertisers in news programs — was off 71%, according to Nielsen. Meanwhile, CNN’s declined 81%, and Fox News Channel’s was off by 65%.
MSNBC’s business also lags that of its two main competitors, and anchor changes have the potential to upset viewers’ tune-in habits. MSNBC is projected to generate 5 million in advertising in 2021, according to Kagan, a research unit of S&P Global Market Intelligence, compared with 4 million for Fox News Channel and 5 million for CNN. MSNBC also generates less money in distributor fees, according to Kagan, which predicts the network will get 35 cents per subscriber per month, compared with for Fox and .06 for CNN.
Speaking during a conference held by the Paley Center Wednesday, Cesar Conde, who leads the NBCUniversal News Group, suggested Williams’ departure would open “incredible opportunities” for “the extraordinarily deep bench of talent that we have.” He did not identify specific anchors who might replace Williams or Maddow’s primetime slot. Ali Velshi, a popular MSNBC presence, has filled in for Williams in the past.
Under its new president, Rashida Jones, MSNBC has set up new anchors and scrutinizing whether they gain traction in traditional TV ratings or new kinds of digital measures. Mehdi Hasan and Ayman Mohyeldin have both launched programs that air on MSNBC during weekends and stream on some weekdays via The Choice, an MSNBC-backed channel on Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming hub. Both anchors are active on social media, offering spirited takes on and rebukes to the news.
The announcement of Williams’ departure on Tuesday night may have surprised his viewers, but it has been in the works for several weeks, according to people familiar with the matter. The anchor’s current contract comes to an end after December, and he felt continuing the same job for several more years was less appealing than taking some time for himself and considering potential offers, according to these people. In TV-news circles, there is some speculation that Williams might want to try a longer-form talk-show format that would give him the chance to hold forth in less rapid-fire fashion with newsmakers and people of cultural interest. Williams has no immediate plans, according to people familiar with the matter, but could certainly consider such a prospect down the road.
There is also some question as to whether WarnerMedia’s CNN might want to get into business with Williams. CNN has poached several prominent NBC News employees in recent weeks to work on CNN Plus, a streaming service slated to debut in 2022. Among those tapped are Kasie Hunt, the former NBC News Capitol Hill correspondent; Jenn Suozzo, who supervised “NBC Nightly News”; and Allie Sandza, a producer at “Meet the Press.” A pair-up between Williams and CNN seems “unlikely” at present, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Devising succession behind Maddow is more complicated and could still hinge on the projects she takes on as part of her new deal, according to people familiar with the negotiations. Still, there is a sense — both inside the network and outside of it — that she could stop doing her 9 p.m. program five days a week starting in spring, potentially in May, sources said, unless her agents, MSNBC and NBCU can devise a workload she feels is sustainable.
05-01-2022 · The sixth season of the Naruto: Shippuden anime series is directed by Hayato Date, and produced by Studio Pierrot and TV Tokyo.They are based on Part II for Masashi Kishimoto's manga series. The sixth season aired from June 2009 to January 2010 on TV Tokyo. The season follows Naruto Uzumaki's rival and former friend, Sasuke Uchiha taking revenge against Itachi to avenge their clan.
Season of television series
Season 6 Cover
Country of originJapanNo. of episodes31ReleaseOriginal networkTV TokyoOriginal releaseJune 11, 2009 (2009-06-11) – January 14, 2010 (2010-01-14)Season chronology
← Previous Season 5
Next → Season 7
List of episodes
The sixth season of the Naruto: Shippuden anime series is directed by Hayato Date, and produced by Studio Pierrot and TV Tokyo. They are based on Part II for Masashi Kishimoto's manga series. The sixth season aired from June 2009 to January 2010 on TV Tokyo. The season follows Sasuke Uchiha taking revenge against Itachi to avenge their clan. It also features two arcs focusing on the background stories for Kakashi Hatake and Jiraiya. The season is referred to by its DVDs as the chapter of Master's Prophecy and Vengeance (師の予言と復讐, Shi no Yogen to Fukushū) released by Aniplex.
The seven DVD volumes were released in Japan between January 13, 2010 and July 7, 2011. Limited edition of Seventh DVD of "Master's Prophecy and Vengeance" comes with special DVD Behind the Scenes of Uchiha containing interview mixed with footage from episodes. Episodes 119 and 120, detailing the story of Kakashi and Obito Uchiha, were released on separate disc on December 16, 2009 under the title of Kakashi Chronicles: Boys' Life on the Battlefield (カカシ外伝～戦場のボーイズライフ～, Kakashi Gaiden ~Senjō no Bōizu Raifu~).
The season aired on Neon Alley from January 12 to February 4, 2013. The season would make its English television debut on Adult Swim's Toonami programming block and premiere from May 22, 2016 to January 29, 2017.
The season uses five musical themes: two opening themes and three ending themes. "Hotaru no Hikari" (ホタルノヒカリ, "Glow of Fireflies") by Ikimono-gakari is used as the opening theme from episode 113 to episode 128, continuing its usage from the previous season. It was replaced in episode 129 with "Sign" by Flow. The first ending theme is "Shinkokyū" (深呼吸, "Deep Breath") by Super Beaver used for only the first three episodes of the season. "My Answer" by Seamo was used as the ending theme for episodes 116–128. It was replaced in episode 129 by "Omae Dattanda" (おまえだったんだ, "It Was You") by Kishidan and ran until episode 141. It was replaced by "For You" by Azu in episode 142. The third feature film, Naruto Shippūden The Movie: Inheritors of the Will of Fire, based on the series, was released on August 1, 2009. The broadcast versions of episodes from 119 to 124 include scenes from the film in the opening themes, while still retaining the music "Hotaru no Hikari" by Ikimono-gakari.
No. in season
Original air date
English air date
"The Serpent's Pupil[note 1]" Transcription: "Daija no dōkō" (Japanese: 大蛇の瞳孔)
June 11, 2009 (2009-06-11)
January 12, 2013
The time for the Reanimation jutsu is coming and Orochimaru's body is reaching its limit. Kabuto and Orochimaru discuss Sasuke Uchiha's growth during the Chunin Exams, Orochimaru also tells Kabuto that he wants Sasuke's body. After practicing his ninja techniques, Sasuke makes a sudden attack on Orochimaru, having nothing else to learn from him. Orochimaru reveals his true form, a giant white snake, and makes his attempt to take Sasuke's body. Sasuke uses his Cursed Seal to counter it. Meanwhile, Tsunade discovers the Three-Tails is taken by Akatsuki.
"Eye of the Hawk" Transcription: "Taka no hitomi" (Japanese: 鷹の瞳)
June 18, 2009 (2009-06-18)
January 12, 2013
Orochimaru reminisces about the memories of his past, how he became interested in reanimation and the Sharingan. Orochimaru begins the ritual to take over Sasuke's body. Later on, Kabuto arrives to see Sasuke standing over Orochimaru's snake corpse, and from the Sharingan, he finds out what happened: Orochimaru had failed in possessing Sasuke's body, as Sasuke manages to reverse Orochimaru's Jutsu and absorbs Orochimaru into his body. Sasuke then leaves his hideout to find his own path.
"Zabuza's Blade" Transcription: "Zabuza no daitō" (Japanese: 再不斬の大刀)
June 25, 2009 (2009-06-25)
January 12, 2013
Sasuke frees Suigetsu Hozuki from his hydro capsule, and requests his services. Suigetsu responds that he would gladly give them, on condition that he helps him find Zabuza's sword. They fail to find the blade at his grave, but learn that it is in the possession of a man named Tenzen Daikoku. Sasuke uses Tenzen's guarded fortress to test Suigetsu's combat abilities, and Suigetsu gets the blade without much effort. As promised, Suigetsu joins up with Sasuke, and goes with him to the Southern hideout.
"Guardian of the Iron Wall" Transcription: "Teppeki no bannin" (Japanese: 鉄壁の番人)
July 2, 2009 (2009-07-02)
January 12, 2013
The second member of Sasuke's team is revealed to be a woman named Karin. After Sasuke and Suigetsu arrive at the Southern Hideout, Sasuke requests that Karin comes with them. Despite her hesitations and quarrels with Suigetsu, Karin ultimately accepts after remembering her very first encounter with Sasuke. Sasuke orders Suigetsu to release the prisoners, and after that, they set off to recruit the final member of the team - Jugo.
"Jugo of the North Hideout" Transcription: "Kita ajito no Jūgo" (Japanese: 北アジトの重吾)
July 9, 2009 (2009-07-09)
January 14, 2013
While approaching the hideout, Karin explains that Jugo has abnormal homicidal impulses, and is the original carrier of the enzyme used to create Orochimaru’s Curse Mark. Upon arriving there, Sasuke and his team are attacked by a massive number of rampaging prisoners, who they manage to suppress. Later on, Sasuke is attacked by Jugo, but he expresses that he only wishes to talk with him. In the meantime, Naruto Uzumaki and Sakura Haruno find out that Sasuke has killed Orochimaru.
While fighting with Sasuke, Jugo remembers how he met his friend - Kimimaro, and what he experienced with him. After being told that Kimimaro has died for his sake, Jugo agrees to go with them, believing that Kimimaro lives on within Sasuke. After informing his newly formed team that his goal is to kill Itachi Uchiha of the Akatsuki, Sasuke names their group "Hebi" ["Snake"]. In the meantime, Naruto decides to go after Itachi in hopes of finding Sasuke.
"Kakashi Chronicles ~Boys' Life on the Battlefield~ Part 1" Transcription: "Kakashi Gaiden ~Senjō no bōizuraifu~ Zenpen" (Japanese: カカシ外伝～戦場のボーイズライフ～前編)
July 30, 2009 (2009-07-30)
January 14, 2013
During the Third Great Ninja War seventeen years ago, a 13-year-old Kakashi Hatake is just promoted to Jonin with his mentor, the future Fourth Hokage Minato Namikaze, and Rin Nohara giving him gifts. Only Kakashi's other teammate and rival, Obito Uchiha, forgot to bring a present. Soon after, Minato tells his students of their mission to destroy Kannabi Bridge so they can cripple the ninja from the Hidden Stone Village. Along the way, Team Minato is ambushed by Hidden Stone ninja named Mahiru with Kakashi seeing it as an opportunity to try his newly developed jutsu: the Chidori. However, with Kakashi's attack unable to land a hit on his target and Obito is too frightened to fight, Minato personally eliminates Mahiru. Minato then tells Kakashi not to use the Chidori due to its vertigo effect while criticizing Obito for not being able to act on his words. That night, unable to sleep, Obito learns from Minato that Kakashi's mindset is the result of his father Sakumo Hatake bring ostracized for putting his teammates ahead of the mission. The next day, left in charge as Minato heads off, Kakashi leads Rin and Obito into enemy territory before they are attacked by the Hidden Stone ninja Kakko and Taiseki who abduct Rin. Having accepted Kakashi as leader prior, Obito punches him for putting the mission before Rin as he runs off to save her. When Kakashi tries to stop him telling him what happens to ninja who break the rules, Obito says he does, and that's why he believes that Kakashi's father was a true hero, and commenting that those who break the rules maybe scum, but those who abandoned their comrades are worse than scum, before he leaves.
"Kakashi Chronicles ~Boys' Life on the Battlefield~ Part 2" Transcription: "Kakashi Gaiden ~Senjō no bōizuraifu~ Kōhen" (Japanese: カカシ外伝～戦場のボーイズライフ～後編)
July 30, 2009 (2009-07-30)
January 14, 2013
After leaving an impression on Kakashi, Obito finds the cave where Rin is being held in before attacked by Taiseki. When Kakashi arrives in time to save him from being killed, losing his left eye in the process, Obito musters courage and takes out Taiseki with his awakened Sharingan. Kakashi and Obito then proceed to rescue Rin, but Kakko causes the cave to collapse in on them. With rocks falling all around the Konoha ninja, Obito threw Kakashi out of the way of a falling rock, which landed on him instead, and crushed the entire right side of his body. Knowing his death is certain, remembering that he still owe his team mate a gift, Obito has Rin transplant his left eye into Kakashi's eye socket. Seeing Kakashi cry over how things turned out, Obito assures him that is a great ninja and asks him to protect Rin. Once Obito's Sharingan is transplanted into him, Kakashi emerges from the rubble and uses a perfected Chidori to kill Kakko. However, more Hidden Stone ninja arrive and cause the cave to collapse further with Obito apparently crushed as Kakashi and Rin are forced to leave him behind. After being saved by Minato, the surviving members of Team Minato lament over losing Obito before they complete their mission in destroying the Kannabi Bridge.
After capturing the Four-Tails's Jinchūriki Roshi, Itachi and Kisame are informed by the Akatsuki leader of Orochimaru's death. They are then warned about Sasuke's movements and that he may be coming after Itachi. Later, after the Three-Tails and the Four-Tails are sealed, Deidara and Tobi set out targeting either Naruto or Sasuke. Meanwhile, Hebi gathers supplies at an abandoned Uchiha warehouse and Kakashi assembles Team Kurenai, led by himself, to set out with Team Kakashi, led by Yamato, to capture Itachi.
"The Hunt" Transcription: "Tansaku" (Japanese: 探索)
August 13, 2009 (2009-08-13)
January 19, 2013
As Naruto and the others set off with Kakashi's ninja hounds, Hebi scatters to look for information on Itachi. Sakura walks past Karin as Hinata, Yamato and Naruto run into Kabuto, who gives them a book with information on the Akatsuki. He then reveals that in a search to find himself, he has transplanted Orochimaru's remains into himself. He then leaves to track down Sasuke. Elsewhere, Sasuke is confronted by Tobi and Deidara and prepares for a battle with them.
Sasuke asks where Itachi is and slices through Tobi, as Deidara retreats to a distance. Tobi gets back up unharmed as Deidara retaliates with his chakra-level 1 (C1) explosives. Sasuke escapes with a simple replacement jutsu forcing Deidara to use one of his C2 creations, the C2 Dragon. Working with Tobi, they forced Sasuke to use the Curse Mark. In the end, Sasuke defeats their combos, and Deidara is left with no choice but to use his trump card that was meant for Itachi, the C4 Karura.
"Art" Transcription: "Geijutsu" (Japanese: 芸術)
August 27, 2009 (2009-08-27)
January 19, 2013
As Deidara's C4 Karura detonates, Sasuke perishes. Believing to have won, Deidara drops his guard, only to be pierced by Sasuke's Chidori. After being asked how he had survived, Sasuke reveals that he was never harmed and that Deidara was under his genjutsu. Deidara tries to kill Sasuke, but is misled by his Sharingan again. Both combatants collapse and Sasuke deactivates his Sharingan. Angered at being mocked, Deidara unveils his final attack, turning himself into a living bomb and detonating himself in an attempt to kill Sasuke.
Upon noticing the blast, Suigetsu summons Manda and finds out that Sasuke had used him to escape. Unable to survive, Manda dies from his wounds and Zetsu informs the remaining Akatsuki of the death of Deidara and Tobi. Naruto and the others get to the crater, and using Kiba's tracking skills they begin to track down Sasuke's scent. Meanwhile, the Akatsuki leader, Pain and his partner, Konan, are then ordered to capture the Nine-Tailed Jinchūriki by a mysterious man, Tobi, who reveals his identity to be Madara Uchiha.
Jiraiya arrives in Konohagakure and tells Tsunade that he has information regarding Pain's location. In the meantime, Karin senses that they're being followed and asks Jugo to help her throw off their pursuers. As Hebi departs, Naruto encounters Itachi. After talking, Itachi departs, having more pressing matters to attend to. Meanwhile, Jiraiya and Tsunade discuss Naruto's parents, Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki, and the Foundation before Jiraiya departs for the Hidden Rain Village.
"Tales of a Gutsy Ninja ~Jiraiya Ninja Scroll~ Part 1" Transcription: "Dokonjō ninden ~Jiraiya ninpōchō~ Zenpen" (Japanese: ド根性忍伝～自来也忍法帖～前編)
September 24, 2009 (2009-09-24)
January 21, 2013
Back in the times of the Third Hokage's youth, the young, soon-to-be Sannin are assigned to Hiruzen Sarutobi's platoon. Being fascinated by Sarutobi’s summoning jutsu, Jiraiya tries it himself, only to teleport himself to Mount Myoboku. There, Jiraiya trains under Fukusaku and meets the Great Lord Elder who has a vision of his future. Afterwards, Jiraiya goes on a journey with the goal to fulfill his destiny, meeting many strange characters on the way.
"Tales of a Gutsy Ninja ~Jiraiya Ninja Scroll~ Part 2" Transcription: "Dokonjō ninden ~Jiraiya ninpōchō~ Kōhen" (Japanese: ド根性忍伝～自来也忍法帖～後編)
September 24, 2009 (2009-09-24)
January 21, 2013
Due to the Second Great Ninja War, Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru are sent to the Hidden Rain Village, where they are named the "Legendary Sannin" by Hanzo of the Great Salamander. While in the village, Jiraiya meets with Yahiko, Nagato and Konan who request help from him. Jiraiya accepts and proceeds to train them before returning home. He is later informed that all three children were killed. Some time later, Jiraiya trains Minato, who together with Kushina, names their unborn son "Naruto" after the main character in Jiraiya's first book.
"Infiltrate! The Village Hidden in the Rain" Transcription: "Sennyū! Amegakure no Sato" (Japanese: 潜入! 雨隠れの里)
October 8, 2009 (2009-10-08)
January 26, 2013
Jiraiya successfully infiltrates the Village Hidden in the Rain, where he wanders around town and speaks to the inhabitants about their leader, Pain. Unsuccessful in gathering information, he captures two lower ninja of the city in a frog's stomach, who end up telling him that the mysterious Pain had defeated the former leader of Rain, Hanzo, whom the Sannin together couldn't defeat. Meanwhile, Pain orders Konan to search for the intruder and she folds herself into origami butterflies.
"The Man Who Became God" Transcription: "Kami to natta Otoko" (Japanese: 神となった男)
October 8, 2009 (2009-10-08)
January 26, 2013
Jiraiya summons Gerotora and talks with it about he's going on a battle and be ready. He also tells that the Nine-tails attack was not a natural disaster, it was summoned by someone. Jiraiya revealed that it was summoned by an Uchiha and it was Madara Uchiha. Pain changes into a new body and tells Konan to confront Jiraiya, their former sensei. Pain soon arrives himself and discusses his personal ideology and the Akatsuki's goals with Jiraiya. He reveals that the collection of the Tailed Beasts is in order to create a Forbidden Jutsu weapon that will be able to destroy entire nations in an instant, so that the world will be able to "mature" and develop an aversion for war. Pain then summons a crab to attack Jiraiya, which is defeated before Jiraiya summons a giant frog named Gamaken.
Jiraiya and Gamaken begin their battle against Pain, who has hidden himself using camouflage. Jiraiya uses a barrier jutsu to try and find him while preparing to enter Sage Mode. Meanwhile, Pain assaults Jiraiya with a barrage of animal summons, such as a multiplying dog, a rhino, a bird and a bull, and Jiraiya finally enters in Sage Mode, after sending Gamaken back home. He summons Lord Fukasaku and Lady Shima, who find Pain and destroy his chameleon. Pain then summons two more bodies.
"In Attendance, the Six Paths of Pain" Transcription: "Pein Rikudō, kenzan" (Japanese: ペイン六道、見参)
October 22, 2009 (2009-10-22)
January 26, 2013
Jiraiya blinds one of the new Pains, and Lord Fukasaku suspects that all three share the same eyes and vision, while Jiraiya realizes that each of the bodies has only one specific purpose. Jiraiya stalls for time while Lord Fukasaku and Lady Shima prepare a powerful genjutsu to defeat the bodies and are successful in doing so. As Jiraiya leaves, another Pain ambushes Jiraiya destroying his left arm. As Jiraiya looks up he sees six Pains, including the three that were killed. He stands horrified wondering just who and what Pain is.
"The Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant" Transcription: "Jiraiya gōketsu monogatari" (Japanese: 自来也豪傑物語)
October 29, 2009 (2009-10-29)
January 28, 2013
Jiraiya goes into deep panic thinking Pain is either Yahiko or Nagato, as Pain possesses Rinnegan which Nagato had and he appears as Yahiko. Jiraiya kills one of the Pains only to realise he's fought him before. Lady Shima leaves on Jiraiya's request, before Jiraiya realizes that he has met all of the Pains before. Jiraiya figures out who Pain is but it is unable to relay the message as Pain's attack crushes Jiraiya's throat. As he begins to die, he remembers Naruto's determination and forces himself awake, where he writes a message on Lord Fukasaku's back. Pain then blasts him into the ocean, where Jiraiya dies happy, sure that Naruto is the child of Prophecy.
"Banquet Invitation" Transcription: "Utage e no izanai" (Japanese: 宴への誘い)
November 5, 2009 (2009-11-05)
January 28, 2013
While Naruto's team continues their search for Sasuke, Sasuke meets Itachi in a cave, fights an illusion and is told to come to the Uchiha hideout. On their way, Sasuke's team is intercepted by a shadow clone of Naruto, which Sasuke easily dispatches. The real Naruto quickly sends his team after Sasuke, but they are stopped by Tobi. Meanwhile, Team Hebi is confronted by Kisame who won't let anyone but Sasuke pass. Sasuke carries on while his team, specifically Suigetsu, faces Kisame.
"The Longest Moment" Transcription: "Nagaki toki no naka de..." (Japanese: 長き瞬間の中で...)
November 19, 2009 (2009-11-19)
January 28, 2013
As Sasuke approaches the Uchiha hideout, Itachi recalls his past with his little brother and the assassination that he carried out after joining the Anbu and being under close watch for his suspicious activities. When Sasuke arrives, he declares that his eyes have shown him Itachi's death and the fated battle between the two brothers begins. Itachi's illusions deceive Sasuke as he explains that he conspired with Madara Uchiha, the Leaf's founder and the first to awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan, when he killed their clan.
"The Light & Dark of the Mangekyo Sharingan" Transcription: "Mangekyō Sharingan no hikari to yami" (Japanese: 万華鏡写輪眼の光と闇)
November 19, 2009 (2009-11-19)
January 28, 2013
As Zetsu watches on, Itachi explains to Sasuke the secret behind the Mangekyo Sharingan, and the history of the Uchiha clan. Besides being able to tame the Nine-Tailed Fox, the Mangekyo will eventually rob the user of his eyesight and the only way to overcome this obstacle is to steal the Sharingan eyes of that person's sibling. Sasuke retaliates against Itachi's assaults, but he is eventually pinned to a wall and has one of his eyes seemingly stolen by Itachi.
"Amaterasu!" (Japanese: 天照)
November 26, 2009 (2009-11-26)
February 2, 2013
As Itachi moves in to take his remaining eye, Sasuke manages to overcome the Tsukuyomi he was placed under. With Genjutsu now useless, the brothers switch to Ninjutsu, with Sasuke gaining the upper hand. Itachi then unleashes Amaterasu, however Sasuke uses a Substitution Jutsu to escape the flames. Itachi berates Sasuke, claiming he now has no chakra left, but Sasuke reveals that he had come prepared, and has one last technique left that would make his dream of killing Itachi a reality.
"The End" Transcription: "Shūen" (Japanese: 終焉)
December 3, 2009 (2009-12-03)
February 2, 2013
Sasuke summons his Lightning jutsu, Kirin, and directs it at Itachi. However, Itachi rises again and reveals his final Mangekyo technique, Susano'o. With Sasuke weakened, Orochimaru is able to break free from his restrictive chakra and attempts to take Sasuke's body. However, Itachi retaliates by sealing him away into another dimension, ridding Sasuke of the Curse Mark. Out of jutsu, Sasuke is left at Itachi's mercy, but at the last second, Itachi taps Sasuke on his forehead and collapses onto the ground, dead.
"The Mystery of Tobi" Transcription: "Tobi no nazo" (Japanese: トビの謎)
December 10, 2009 (2009-12-10)
February 2, 2013
The leaf ninja continue to fight Tobi, but all of their attacks manage to phase right through him. Shino manages to trap Tobi with a beetle sphere but Tobi uses a teleportation jutsu in order to escape. Zetsu arrives to inform Tobi the outcome of the Uchiha match, the leaf ninja overhears, and Madara drops his goofy persona in order to leave the fight; revealing his Sharingan, and collect the brothers' bodies. Sasuke wakes up in a cave and Madara approaches him, introducing himself. An Amaterasu is unleashed from Sasuke's eye, but Madara recovers from it and mentions how in-depth Itachi's plans were. Sasuke asks what he means, and Madara tells him that Itachi was trying to protect him.
"Fate" Transcription: "Innen" (Japanese: 因縁)
December 17, 2009 (2009-12-17)
February 2, 2013
Madara tells Sasuke about the history of the Uchiha and how they and their rivals, the Senju clan, led by the future First Hokage, Hashirama Senju, once made a pact to unite the two clans as one and to make the first hidden village, Konoha. Afterwards, the Senju spied on and secretly discriminated against the Uchiha, forcing Madara, their leader, to leave and try to exact revenge upon them. Years later, the Uchiha were planning a coup d'etat on the village and Itachi was chosen by the village leaders to spy on the clan from the inside.
"Truth" Transcription: "Shinjitsu" (Japanese: 真実)
December 24, 2009 (2009-12-24)
February 4, 2013
Madara continues by informing Sasuke that Itachi was a double-agent who was assigned to leak intel on the Uchiha back to the village. He then contacted Madara to help him undertake his mission of exterminating the Uchiha clan. They succeeded in their mission, although Itachi couldn't bring himself to kill Sasuke. Some time later, Sasuke reminisces on Itachi's final words to him, before breaking down into tears. Heartbroken and vengeful, he changes his team's name to Taka and declares that their goal is to destroy Konoha, revealing his newly awakened Mangekyo Sharingan.
"Battle of Unraikyo" Transcription: "Unraikyō no tatakai" (Japanese: 雲雷峡の闘い)
January 7, 2010 (2010-01-07)
February 4, 2013
The Konoha teams decide to head back home as Sasuke remembers that he saw Itachi crying after the massacre. He then states that he cannot rebuild the Uchiha clan in the same way that Itachi had envisioned. Madara, happy that he can use Sasuke for himself, assigns Taka the task of capturing the Eight-Tails while Akatsuki hunts the last two. Taka tracks down the host, Killer Bee, to the Land of Lightning and engages him in battle. Bee manages to overpower Jugo and Suigetsu before Sasuke steps up to fight him one-on-one.
"The Eight-Tails vs. Sasuke" Transcription: "Hachibi' tai 'Sasuke" (Japanese: 「八尾」対「サスケ」)
January 14, 2010 (2010-01-14)
February 4, 2013
Sasuke fights Killer Bee and is injured by his swords. Karin heals him, and Sasuke, Suigetsu, and Jugo then begin a combined assault on Bee until he decides to use the Eight-Tails' power. Sasuke is injured and revived again by Jugo, who regresses in age as a result. All healed, Sasuke unleashes Amaterasu on Bee in desperation, finally able to subdue him. Meanwhile, two Cloud ninja watch the fight from a cliff, and they notice the Uchiha crest on Sasuke's back. They rush the news to Bee's big brother, the Raikage.
January 13, 2010
February 3, 2010
March 3, 2010
April 7, 2010
May 12, 2010
June 2, 2010
July 7, 2010
Viz Media (North America, Region 1)
April 10, 2012
July 10, 2012
October 9, 2012
Manga Entertainment (United Kingdom, Region 2)
September 10, 2012
November 26, 2012
March 18, 2013
Madman Entertainment (Australia/New Zealand, Region 4)
July 4, 2012
October 24, 2012
January 9, 2013
^(of the eye)
"List of Naruto: Shippuden episode titles". Archived from the original on 2009-12-19. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
"Naruto: Shippuden episodes from 2009" (in Japanese). TV Tokyo. Archived from the original on December 26, 2009. Retrieved December 26, 2009.
"Naruto: Shippuden episodes from 2010" (in Japanese). TV Tokyo. Archived from the original on December 26, 2009. Retrieved April 29, 2010.
^"Naruto: Shippuden episodes from 2009" (in Japanese). TV Tokyo. Archived from the original on December 26, 2009. Retrieved December 26, 2009.
^"Naruto: Shippuden episodes from 2010" (in Japanese). TV Tokyo. Archived from the original on December 26, 2009. Retrieved April 29, 2010.
^"Naruto: Shippuden DVD title" (in Japanese). Amazon. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
^"Archived copy" 疾風伝 アニプレックス (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on 2010-07-02. Retrieved 2010-07-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
^"Archived copy" スペシャル版｜ (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on October 2, 2011. Retrieved October 19, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
^"Neon Alley Schedule" (PDF). Neon Alley. January 19, 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 5, 2013. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
^ abcdefg"師の予言と復讐の章 - TV DVD - NARUTO-ナルト- 疾風伝 - アニプレックス" (in Japanese). Aniplex. Archived from the original on July 12, 2016.
^"Naruto Shippuden Uncut, Vol. 10 (DVD Box Set)". Viz Media. Archived from the original on February 27, 2017.
^"Naruto Shippuden Uncut, Vol 11 (DVD Box Set)". Viz Media. Archived from the original on February 27, 2017.
^"Naruto Shippuden Uncut, Vol 12 (DVD Box Set)". Viz Media. Archived from the original on February 2, 2017.
^"Naruto - Shippuden: Collection - Volume 10 - DVD". Xtra-vision. Archived from the original on March 1, 2017.
^"Naruto - Shippuden: Collection - Volume 11 - DVD". Xtra-vision. Archived from the original on March 1, 2017.
^"Naruto - Shippuden: Collection - Volume 12 - DVD". Xtra-vision. Archived from the original on March 1, 2017.
^"Naruto Shippuden Collection 10 (Eps 113-126) - DVD". Madman Entertainment. Archived from the original on March 15, 2016.
^"Naruto Shippuden Collection 11 (Eps 127-140) - DVD". Madman Entertainment. Archived from the original on April 21, 2016.
^"Naruto Shippuden Collection 12 (Eps 141-153) - DVD". Madman Entertainment. Archived from the original on April 21, 2016.
Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Naruto:_Shippuden_(season_6)&oldid=1063859759"
28-10-2021 · Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. DALAI LAMA. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the …
It takes real inner strength to be able to see things in a positive way when they don’t work out in our favor.
Even if we can’t see it at first, there is some amount of good in any situation. If we set our minds to thinking this way, we’ll become better and better at managing whatever life throws at us.
Inspirational and positive quotes are always a go-to when our mood needs a reset. They can be an easy small step in helping us re-frame negative thoughts and think about what steps need to be further taken in order to overcome a challenge, with a clearer mind.
Sometimes we have to create our own sunshine. Everything is easier to tackle when you’re wearing a smile at the beginning of each day. So every morning put on a song that makes you feel good, maybe do some exercise or listen to your favorite podcast. Whatever will put you in a good mood and make you feel like you’re ready for whatever shall come your way.
Here are 75 positive quotes to start your day with a smile on your face:
Positive quotes to make you smile
Feeling down? Want to start your day on a bright note? Maintaining a positive mindset isn’t always easy and we all need a pick-me-up from time to time. The good news is the simple act of smiling makes you feel happier and it boosts the mood of those around you too. Not only does smiling have the power to lift your mood, but it can also help strengthen your immune system and lower stress. If you need some inspiration to start the day right, these positive quotes will bring a smile to your face.
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.
Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
RALPH WALDO EMERSON (MORE RALPH WALDO EMERSON QUOTES)
Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
THICH NHAT HANH
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.
MARCUS AURELIUS (MORE MARCUS AURELIUS QUOTES)
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
ANTHONY J. D’ANGELO
Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
RUMI (MORE RUMI QUOTES)
You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.
Everyone smiles in the same language.
Keep looking up… that’s the secret of life.
CHARLIE BROWN (MORE CHARLIE BROWN QUOTES)
Use your smile to change the world; don’t let the world change your smile.
Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
I am thankful to all who said no to me. It is because of them that I’m doing it myself.
Positive inspirational and motivational quotes
Life is unpredictable and staying positive through turbulent times can be challenging, but aiming to focus on the good in any given situation gives you an upper hand when dealing with hardships. If you’ve been struggling lately to see the glass is half full and need some motivation, these inspirational quotes might encourage you shift your perspective and “try on” a positive lens.
The less you respond to negative people, the more positive your life will become.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.
Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
Miracles happen to those who believe in them.
Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
WINSTON S. CHURCHILL
Believe deep down in your heart that you’re destined to do great things.
One small positive thought can change your whole day.
Be the light in the dark, be the calm in the storm and be at peace while at war.
We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.
There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.
C. S. LEWIS (MORE C.S LEWIS QUOTES)
Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
Stay positive. Forgive others. Invest in yourself. Trust your instincts. Lead with an open heart. Don’t let others ruin your day. Do things that bring you joy. Be of service to humanity. Find your soul tribe. Love yourself.
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.
Positive quotes for work
You’ve probably heard of the “Sunday scaries”? If you haven’t, you’ve likely experienced the common feeling. It can be described as an overwhelming sense of pressure that sets in on Sunday nights, in anticipation of the work week ahead. Let’s face it, some Mondays are delightful and some are a real pain. The start of the work week can be anxiety-inducing, but it doesn’t have to be. Staying positive on the job can enhance your productivity, improve your work relationships and open up more opportunities to advance your career. If you’re having a bad day, or a bad week at work, these quotes will remind and motivate you to keep your chin up.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.
Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.
Don’t count the days, make the days count.
Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
It always seems impossible until it is done.
The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.
I have decided to be happy, because it’s good for my health.
VOLTAIRE (MORE VOLTAIRE QUOTES)
You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope or confidence.
The best way out is always through.
Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON
This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.
Stay positive quotes
Staying positive when facing a setback is easier said than done sometimes, but learning to quickly shift perspectives when things don’t go as planned is a game-changer. developing and maintaining a more positive attitude in the face of adversity isn’t just good for your mental and physical health, it also increases your chances of success in all areas of your life.
Whether you’re dealing with a minor inconvenience, like getting stuck in a traffic jam, or something more serious, like an unexpected illness, you’re better off approaching a difficult situation as an opportunity to redirect your thoughts and outlook. If you’re feeling out of sorts, and need a reminder to stay positive and on the right track towards achieving your goals, these quotes will inspire you to stay focused and look on the bright side.
In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.
Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A ‘you can do it’ when things are tough.
RICHARD M. DEVOS
The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
When things go wrong, don’t go with them.
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
Even though you’re fed up, you gotta keep your head up.
TUPAC SHAKUR (MORE TUPAC SHAKUR QUOTES)
That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.
We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
Happiness is not the absence of the problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.
Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.
There is a sense that things, if you keep positive and optimistic about what can be done, do work out.
Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
Keep a smile on your face. Keep a spring in your step.
When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive energy. It’s very simple.
Positive quotes for women
When things feel out of control, it can be difficult to overcome negative thinking patterns but learning to stop them in their tracks when you start feeling overwhelmed can you save you a lot of pain in the long run. Just like men, women today are involved in all parts of society, but it is no secret that women continue to face unique obstacles in daily life. There’s been much progress to address these issues over the course of decades, but there is still a long way to go. If you or a special woman in your life needs a reminder of how powerful she is, these quotes will inspire her to put a positive spin on things.
Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.
A surplus of effort could overcome a deficit of confidence.
Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.
MARY LOU RETTON
Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.
Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.
SIMONE DE BEAUVOIR
The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.
I realized that I don’t have to be perfect. All I have to do is show up and enjoy the messy, imperfect, and beautiful journey of my life.
You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.
DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life.
Cherish forever what makes you unique, ‘cuz you’re really a yawn if it goes.
If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.
If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.
09-12-2021 · Our latest collection of morning quotes to help you start the day with excitement and gratitude. The power of positive thinking and positive self-talk is profound. The things we think of early in our day are most often what sets the tone for the entire day. Therefore, it …
Our latest collection of morning quotes to help you start the day with excitement and gratitude.
The power of positive thinking and positive self-talk is profound. The things we think of early in our day are most often what sets the tone for the entire day.
Therefore, it is so important that we have available to us – whether it be in mind, on paper, taped to our mirrors, or in our planners – some of our favorite quotes and thoughts. This helps provide a quick reference and touchstone for us.
If we are able to refer to a motivating thought on a second’s notice, we can think positive thoughts that will lift our spirits to properly take on our day. With that in mind, here are some inspiring good morning quotes to get you started:
The Best Morning Quotes to Help You Seize the Day
1. “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
2. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
3. “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
4. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
5. “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” – Zig Ziglar
6. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
7. “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
8. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
9. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
Make sure to also check out these good morning quotes for him that’ll set the perfect tone for his day.
10. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
11. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” – Beverly Sills
12. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
13. “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
14. “I would rather die of passion than of boredom.” – Vincent van Gogh
15. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.”- Steve Jobs
16. “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin
17. “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
19. “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Denise Brennan-Nelson
20. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of running quotes to motivate you to stay active.
Morning Quotes and Sayings for a Fresh Start
21. “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
22. “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
23. “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” – Grandma Moses
24. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
25. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see.” – Confucius
26. “It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry James
27. “Few things can help an individual more than to place responsibility on him, and to let him know that you trust him.” – Booker T. Washington
28. “Don’t worry about failures; worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.”- Jack Canfield
29. “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Aristotle
30. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of good morning texts for her to help your loved one wake up feeling appreciated.
Morning quotes to inspire and motivate
31. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
32. “The best revenge is massive success.”- Frank Sinatra
33. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” – Vince Lombardi
34. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.”- Robert Schuller
35. “Just know, when you truly want success, you’ll never give up on it. No matter how bad the situation may get.” – Unknown
36. “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” – Jamie Paolinetti
RelatedThe Killing Quotes from the Complex Crime Drama
37. “I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.” – Unknown
38. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
39. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
40. “Dream big and dare to fail.” – Norman Vaughan
41. “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” – Albert Einstein
42. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
43. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
44. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
45. “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” – Unknown
46. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
47. “When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.” – Unknown
48. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
49. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Henry S. Haskins
50. “Challenge yourself with something you know you could never do, and what you’ll find is that you can overcome anything.” – Unknown
Morning quotes that will make your day
51. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
52. “Be pleasant until ten o’clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.” – Elbert Hubbard
53. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
54. “The best dreams happen when you’re awake.” – Cherie Gilderbloom
55. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
56. “For each new morning let there be flow of love. Let there be light of happiness in every direction.”― Amit Ray
57. “Each morning offers lessons in light. For the morning light teaches the most basic of truths: Light chases away darkness.”― Anasazi Foundation
58. “This morning do something different: When you wake up in the morning, wake your forgotten and forsaken dreams up as well, wake them up like an insisting rooster!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
59. “In the morning, wonder and be generous like the sun. In the evening, meditate and be kind like the moon.”― Debasish Mridha
60. “I understand our mornings can be busy; however, if we cannot make time for God now, then when?”― Ashley Ormon
Morning quotes to bring out the best in you
61. “I never wake up in the morning and wonder why I am here. I wake up and wonder why I am not making here better.”― Jeffrey Fry
62. “When you wake up every morning, let thanksgiving be your first thought.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
63. “It was a morning like other mornings and yet perfect among mornings.”― John Steinbeck
64. “Climb the day, Drop your dreams, Possess the day.”― Gail Carson Levine
65. “You must wakeup in the morning thinking of things you could change in and about your life on a daily basis.”― Sunday Adelaja
66. “Mornings are like almost clean slates. I say almost clean because the residue of yesterdays is sometimes stuck on them.”― Medeia Sharif
67. “No one can ever bring the morning back at midnight.”― Munia Khan
68. “The first few moments of the day are some of the most important as they can determine the mood for the rest of the day.”― Daniel Willey
69. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privelege it is to be alive– to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”― Marcus Aurelius
70. “When you rise in the morning, form a resolution to make the day a happy one for a fellow creature.”― Sydney Smith
Morning quotes to inspire and motivate you
71. “Your problem isn’t the problem. Your reaction is the problem.” –Anonymous
72. “Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.” – Mark Twain
73. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” –Robert Collier
74. “Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.” – George Washington Carver
75. “There is no traffic jam along the extra mile.” – Roger Staubach
RelatedFirst Day of School Quotes That Will Get You Ready for The Year
76. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.”– Meister Eckhart
77. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
78. “Morning is an important time of day because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.”– Lemony Snicket
79. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
80. “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.” – Rumi
Motivational morning quotes to help make your day successful
81. “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” – Napoleon Hill
82. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
83. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
84. “Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death.”– Arthur Schopenhauer
85. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” –Jim Ryun
86. “When I first open my eyes upon the morning meadows and look out upon the beautiful world, I thank God I am alive.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
87. “You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals.” – Booker T. Washington
88. “The morning wind spreads its fresh smell. We must get up and take that in, that wind that lets us live. Breathe before it’s gone.” – Rumi
89. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
90. “The morning was full of sunlight and hope.” – Kate Chopin
Morning quotes to kick off your day
91. “Today is a beautiful day and I will attract good things into my life.” – Unknown
92. “You have to have a dream so you can get up in the morning.”– Billy Wilder
93. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
94. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”– Maria Robinson
95. “A smile is the beauty of the soul.” – Lailah Gifty
96. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”– Anatole France
97. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” – Satya Nani
98. “Success isn’t always about ‘Greatness’, it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come.”– Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
99. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
100. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.”– Dale Carnegie
Morning quotes to motivate you
101. “Happy thoughts are the only cure for a sleepy morning.. and I feel the happiest when I think about you!” – Unknown
102. “This day is all I have and these hours are now my eternity. I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death.” —Og Mandino
103. “Each good morning we are born again, what we do today is what matters most.”- Unknown
104. “The difference between rising at five and seven o’clock in the morning, for 40 years, supposed a man to go to bed at the same hour at night, is nearly equivalent to the addition of ten years to a man’s life.”—Philip Doddridge
105. “I love the smell of possibility in the morning.” – Unknown
106. “What a benediction is this fragrance of the early morning! The vernal grass fills the whole atmosphere as with a shower of sweetness.”—Sarah Smiley
107. “You’re off to great places! Today is your day!” – Unknown
108. “Your morning sets up the success of your day. So many people wake up and immediately check text messages, emails, and social media. I use my first hour awake for my morning routine of breakfast and meditation to prepare myself.”—Caroline Ghosn
109. “Rise up and attack the day with enthusiasm.” – Unknown
110. “You can only come to the morning through the shadows.”—J.R.R. Tolkien
Inspirational morning quotes to fill you with positivity
111. “Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.” – Unknown
112. “Given another shot at life, I would seize every minute of it … look at it and really see it … try it on … live it … exhaust it … and never give that minute back until there was nothing left of it.”—Erma Bombeck
113. “Let your soul expand, let your heart reach out to others…” – Unknown
RelatedMirror Quotes That Will Change Your Perception
114. “The time just before dawn contains the most energy of all hours of the day. When I wake to see that it’s light out already, I feel the world has started without me.”—Terri Guillemets
115. “Stop thinking of what could go wrong and start thinking of what could go right.” – Unknown
116. “Lose an hour in the morning and you will be all day hunting for it.”—Richard Whately
117. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Unknown
118. Seize the day, whatever’s in it to seize, before something comes along and seizes you.”—Lloyd Alexander
119. “Good Morning! It’s a brand new day…” – Unknown
120. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.”—Emily Dickinson If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
Inspirational morning quotes for a great day
121. “Each morning we are born again, what we do today is what matters most.” – Unknown
122. “Good morning is not just a word, its an action and a belief to live the entire day well. Morning is the time when you set the tone for the rest of the day. Set it right!” –Fain Blake
123. “Each sunrise gives hope to your dreams and light to your plans.”-William Ngwako Maphoto
124. “The sun is new each day.” –Heraclitus
125. “Every sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day.” –Richelle E. Goodrich
126. “I’ve learned that a smile and good morning goes a long way, and saying thank you goes even further.”-Unknown
127. “With every rising of the sun, think of your life as just begun.” –Unknown
128. “Morning is when the wick is lit. A flame ignited, the day delighted with heat and light, we start the fight for something more than before.” – Jeb Dickerson
129. “Every morning I wake up saying, I’m still alive; a miracle. And so I keep on pushing.”-Jacques Cousteau
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of keep pushing quotes about moving forward.
130. “It ain’t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.” – Colin Powell
Other inspirational morning quotes and sayings
131. “Life is beautiful one day, one hour and one minute will not come again…” – Unknown
132. “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.” – E.B. White
133. “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” – Maya Angelou
134. “I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson
135. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.”-John Lennon
136. “Do not say, ‘It is morning,’ and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name.”-Rabindranath Tagore
137. “Every morning is a beautiful morning.” – Terri Guillemets
138. “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” –Henry David Thoreau
139. “It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.”-Aristotle
140. “First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, ‘I believe,’ three times.” – Ovid
141. “Every day, do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.” – Doug Firebough
142. “Every sunrise gives you a new beginning and a new ending. Let this morning be a new beginning to a better relationship and a new ending to the bad memories. It’s an opportunity to enjoy life, breathe freely, think and love. Be grateful for this beautiful day.” – Norton Juster
143. “Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who do not.” – Christy Chung
144. “Every morning you have two choices: Continue to sleep with your dreams, or wake up and chase them.” – Carmelo Anthony
145. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” – Wayne Huizenga
Did you enjoy these morning quotes?
Even if you’re not exactly a morning person, having a short or simple reminder can help you breeze through a busy day.
Aside from beautiful quotes or sayings, one can also make use of vision boards. Use the sides of your planner or journal for quick notes. These should keep you focused until you’re ready for a good night’s sleep.
Loved these amazing morning quotes? Bookmark your favorites AND share with friends!
13-11-2021 · 1. “When you start for your day, always remember 3 words: Try: for success. True: to your work. Trust: in God.” 2. “It’s really nice to wake up in the morning realizing that God has given me another day to live. Thank you God.” 3. “Start your day off right by giving thanks God.” 4. “ Always talk to God before you start your day.” 5. “Mornings are better when you talk to God first.” 6. “Talking to God creates conversation …
Don’t ever diminish the importance of starting your day off on the right foot. Whether negative or positive the attitude that you have in the morning can have a huge impact on how well your day goes.
Here are some positive quotes to start the day with.
Start your day off right quotes
The best way to start the day is with praise and worship. Get into the Word, get into prayer, and thank God for waking you up. There is so much that God wants to do in your life. He wants you to experience Him in ways that you have never experienced Him before. However, you have to allow Him to use you.
You have to start the day off in His presence and allow Him to lead you in prayer. Don’t neglect what God wants to do in your life. When we open our hearts to being led by the Lord we will notice more opportunities to witness, help, inspire, encourage, motivate, etc. I like to start off the day by saying, “how can I be involved in what You are doing around me?” This is a prayer that God will always answer.
1. “When you start for your day, always remember 3 words: Try: for success. True: to your work. Trust: in God.”
2. “It’s really nice to wake up in the morning realizing that God has given me another day to live. Thank you God.”
3. “Start your day off right by giving thanks God.”
4. “Always talk to God before you start your day.”
5. “Mornings are better when you talk to God first.”
6. “Talking to God creates conversation and inspires belief.”
7. “In the morning when I rise give me Jesus.”
8. “True peace comes from knowing God is in control.”
9. “God’s mercy is fears and new every morning.”
10. “God’s plans for your life far exceed the circumstances of your day.”
Today is the day quotes
Stop procrastinating. Starting tomorrow leads to starting next week and starting next week leads to starting next month.
People who wait for a certain time to make a change or to achieve a goal almost never do it. Whether it’s getting involved in missions, pursuing that dream, etc. start now!
11. “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Denise Brennan-Nelson
12. “Today is your day. To start fresh. To eat right. To train hard. To live healthy. To be proud.”
13. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
14. “Don’t wait for the New Year to make positive changes in your life. Start Today!”
15. “You will never be 100% ready to change. Don’t wait for the perfect time…start today!”
16. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
17. “Success will not come tomorrow unless you start today.”
18. “Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.”
19. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
Don’t allow your fears to stop you.
Fear is only in your mind and it will only hinder you if you allow it to.
Pray against the fear that you have and remember that God is in control.
God promises to never leave you nor forsake you.
If He is leading you to do something, then you can trust that God will accomplish His will through you. Isaiah 41:10 is a promise for you today. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God.”
20. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
21. “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” —Henry Ford
22. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” —Nelson Mandela
23. “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail.” – Bruce Lee
24. “Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
Forget the pain of yesterday
You can’t change the past, so it is not wise to live in the past. You have to let go of the dead weight of the past, so you can run freely to what Christ wants you to experience now.
Look to Him so you don’t look anywhere else. I will admit that sometimes it is hard to let go. If you’re struggling with letting go, then go before the Lord and put that burden on His shoulders and allow our great God to comfort you.
25. “Life is too short to start your day with broken pieces of yesterday, It will definitely destroy your wonderful today and ruin your great tomorrow! Have a great day!”
26. “Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone. Appreciate what still remains and look forward to what’s coming next.”
27. “Forget the pain of yesterday, appreciate the gift of today, and stay optimistic about tomorrow.”
28. “If you don’t leave your past in the past, it will destroy your future. Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away.”
29. “Don’t ruin a good day today by thinking about a bad yesterday. Let it go.” – Grant Cardone
Motivation when you feel defeated.
Keep on going. Mistakes and what we think might be failures are making us stronger. You have two options. Remain where you are and watch as nothing happens or continue to move on and see what’s ahead of you.
30. “Either run the day or the day runs you.”
31. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
32. “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” – Zig Ziglar
33. “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see farther.” – J. P. Morgan
34. “A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.”- Francis Bacon
26-11-2021 · Also check out these witty quotes to sharpen your cleverness. Funny inspirational quotes about life that will motivate you. No one can ever laugh too much, and these funny quotes will inspire you to smile bigger and laugh harder. As they say, “laughter is the best form of medicine”. While the doctor might not prescribe it, the ability to find humor in our situation is key for maintaining ...
Laughter is the best medicine in life, and these funny inspirational quotes and sayings are guaranteed to brighten your day by putting a big beautiful smile on your face.
Funny inspirational quotes for work and life
1. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.” – Lily Tomlin
2. “If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.” – Steven Wright
3. “I find television very educational. Every time someone turns it on, I go in the other room and read a book.” – Groucho Marx
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of book quotes about the power of reading from your favorite authors.
4. “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” – Mark Twain
5. “If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra
6. “There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him asleep.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn’t give it up because by then I was too famous.” – Robert Benchley
Don’t forget to also check out these pieces of life advice that can change your life.
8. “Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent.” – Langston Coleman
9. “Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.” – Kyle Chandler
10. “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charles Schulz
Also check out these witty quotes to sharpen your cleverness.
Funny inspirational quotes about life that will motivate you
No one can ever laugh too much, and these funny quotes will inspire you to smile bigger and laugh harder.
As they say, “laughter is the best form of medicine”.
While the doctor might not prescribe it, the ability to find humor in our situation is key for maintaining of sanity, patience, and peace of mind.
Believing in our future doesn’t have to be scary, and change doesn’t have to be painful.
You are allowed to have fun along the way!
Don’t hesitate to take it easy at times.
Smile at strangers, laugh at yourself, and know that you’re free to start over.
I received a request to post some funny inspirational quotes, so I went for it because I want you to be happier and focused on your goals and dreams.
These funny inspirational quotes are pretty tame (around 5 – 10 schools have made me aware that they use my blog as a quote resource), but they will surely make you smile!
On our journey towards personal greatness, it’s important that we laugh at our setbacks, slip-ups, and blunders.
Why? That’s because plenty more are on the way.
To help you stay focused and stay loose, below is our collection of funny inspirational quotes, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
And if you need some motivation to stay on your grind, be sure to check out our collection of hustle quotes.
11. “It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.” – Eugene Ionesco Decouvertes
12. “Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget tossing in the lifeboats.” – Voltaire
13. “When I hear somebody sigh, Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?'” – Sydney Harris
14. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” – Joe Girard
15. “The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get into the office.” – Robert Frost
16. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
17. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” – Mark Twain
18. “Age is of no importance unless you’re a cheese.” – Billie Burke If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of age quotes for the young and the young at heart.
19. “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” – Maureen Dowd
20. “It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Don’t forget to also read these read these short inspiring quotes to fuel your day.
Funny inspirational quotes about life and career
21. “The key to success is not through achievement but through enthusiasm.” – Malcolm Forbes
22. “I cannot afford to waste my time making money.” – Louis Agassiz
23. “Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.” – Robert Bloch If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes for friends to show just how much they mean to you.
24. “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.” – Betty Reese
25. “The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
26. “Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.” – Oscar Wilde
27. “When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best – that is inspiration.” – Robert Bresson
28. “My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I’ve finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.” – Dave Barry
29. “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” – A.A. Milne
30. “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin
Also, check out these thoughtful wallpaper quotes to inspire your life.
Funny Inspirational quotes for life
31. “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.” – Mae West
32. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
33. “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” – Jack London
34. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Seuss
35. “A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.” – Unknown
36. “Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.” – Mark Twain
37. “Life is like a sewer – what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.” – Tom Lehrer
38. “Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” – Isaac Asimov
39. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
40. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing; that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love these great quotes about life, success, love and family.
Short funny quotes and sayings about work
41. “If you’re going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it, you might as well laugh about it now.” – Marie Osmond
42. “I have a simple philosophy: Fill what is empty. Empty what is full. Scratch where it itches.” – Alice Roosevelt Longworth
43. “Even a stopped clock is right twice every day. After some years, it can boast of a long series of successes.” – Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
44. “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Sam Levenson
45. “Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend, an acquaintance, or a stranger.” – Franklin P. Jones
46. “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” – Woody Allen
47. “The more you weigh, the harder you are to kidnap. Stay safe. Eat cake.”
Related50 Frank Zappa Quotes from One of the Greatest Musicians in History
48. “Dear life, when I said: ‘Can my day get any worse?’ It was rhetorical, not a challenge.”
49. “Cleaning up is just putting stuff in less obvious places.”
50. “It amazes me how much exercise and extra fires sound alike.”
You might also like these motivational cheer quotes that will make your day better.
More funny inspirational quotes and sayings
51. “I want to be like a caterpillar. Eat a lot. Sleep for a while. Wake up beautiful.”
52. “In m defense, I was left unsupervised.”
53. “Taking naps sounds so childish. I prefer to call them horizontal life pauses.”
54. I walk around like everything is fine. But deep down, inside my show, my sock is sliding off.”
55. “It’s called Karma, and it’s pronounced, ‘Haha, f*** you ‘.”
56. “If we’re not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?”
57. “I think my guardian angel drinks.”
58. “So it turns out that being an adult is really just Googling how to do stuff.”
59. “I don’t think there will be enough coffee or middle fingers for this Monday.” If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of monday motivation quotes to help you get the week started.
60. “Don’t give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping!”
Funny inspirational quotes to motivate you
61. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. – Thomas Eddison
62. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done? – George Carli
63. If you’re going to be thinking, you may as well think big. – Donald Trump
64. My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them. – Mitch Hedberg
65. “You must pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please ignore this notice.” — Sam Levenson
66. “It’s okay to look at the past and the future. Just don’t stare.” — Lisa Lieberman-Wang
67. Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. – Mark Twain
68. “I have to be successful because I like expensive things.” — Lisa Lieberman-Wang
69. “Hating people is like burning down your own home to get rid of a rat.” — Harry Emerson Fosdick
70. I am blessed with a funny gene that makes me enjoy life. – Karan Patel
Funny inspirational quotes for everyone
71. “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.“ – Robert Downey Jr.
72. “Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.” – Terry Pratchett
73. “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.” – George Carlin If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of George Carlin quotes to from the iconic comedian.
74. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
75. “I figured something out. The future is unpredictable.” – John Green
76. “To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.” – Reba McEntire
77. “You grow up the day you have your first real laugh – at yourself.” – Ethel Barrymore
78. “A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it is not open.” – Frank Zappa
79. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” – Dale Carnegie
80. “Aspire to inspire before we expire.” – Eugene Bell Jr
Funny inspirational quotes to enrich your day
81. “I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.” – Edgar Allan Poe
82. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!” – Dr. Seuss
83. “Be nice to nerds. You may end up working for them. We all could.” – Charles J. Sykes
84. “By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” – Robert Frost
Don’t forget to also check out these motivational quotes of the day for daily rejuvenation.
85. “Life doesn’t imitate art, it imitates bad television.” – Woody Allen
86. “Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished – If you’re alive it isn’t.” – Richard Bach
87. “We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don’t know.” – W. H. Auden
88. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” – Will Rogers
89. “Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s more like a cha-cha.” – Robert Brault
90. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
Funny inspirational quotes to uplift you everyday
91. “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”– Abraham Lincoln
92. “Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”– Alan Dundes
93. “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.”– Andy Rooney If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of funny dog quotes to make you LOL with your furry best friends.
94. “If you want your children to listen, try talking softly to someone else.” – Ann Landers
95. “The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.”– Bertrand Russell
96. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”– Bernard Baruch
97. “The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.”– Bill Watterson
98. “Money won’t buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research staff to study the problem.”– Bill Vaughan
99. “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.”– Bob Hope
100. “A day without laughter is a day wasted.”– Charlie Chaplin If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of laughter quotes proving why it’s the best medicine.
Funny inspirational quotes about life and love
101. “They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.”– Clint Eastwood
102. “By the time a man realizes that his father was right, he has a son who thinks he’s wrong.”– Charles Wadsworth
103. “Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can shorten it.”– Cullen Hightower
104. “If you’re going to tell people the truth, be funny or they’ll kill you.”– Billy Wilder
105. “I was born to make mistakes, not to fake perfection.”– Drake
106. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”– Elbert Hubbard
107. “If you live to be one hundred, you’ve got it made. Very few people die past that age.”– George Burns
108. “I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me – they’re cramming for their final exam.” – George Carlin
109. “If you’re going to do something tonight that you’ll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.”– Henny Youngman
110. “Women are wiser than men because they know less and understand more.”– James Thurber
Funny inspirational quotes to laugh about
111. “He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.”– Charles de Gaulle
112. “Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know.”– Daniel J. Boorstin
113. “We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.”– Bryan White
114. “A failure is like fertilizer; it stinks to be sure, but it makes things grow faster in the future.”– Denis Waitley
115. “The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”– Dorothy Parker If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Dorothy Parker quotes that will help you uncover life’s secrets.
116. “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.”– Eleanor Roosevelt
RelatedSojourner Truth Quotes Honoring the Fight for Equality
117. “Leave something for someone but dont leave someone for something.”– Enid Blyton
118. “Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.”– Francois de La Rochefoucauld
119. “I’m in shape. Round is a shape.”– George Carlin
120. “Haters are just confused admirers because they can’t figure out the reason why everyone loves you.”– Jeffree Star If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of confused quotes about the ups and downs of life.
Funny inspirational quotes that will make you laugh and think
121. “I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade… And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.”– Ron White
122. “It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.”– Thomas Sowell
123. “Have no fear of perfection. You’ll never reach it.”– Salvador Dali
124. “Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.” – Voltaire
125. “I don’t want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them their job.”– Samuel Goldwyn
126. “Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.” – Marilyn Monroe
127. “You cannot be anything if you want to be everything.” – Solomon Schechter
128. “The question isn’t who is going to let me, it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
129. “To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.”– Steven Wright If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Steven Wright quotes to make you laugh.
130. “Live each day like it’s your second to the last. That way you can fall asleep at night.” – Jason Love
Funny inspirational quotes to make your day better
131. “It’s true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?”– Ronald Reagan
132. “I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!”– Tom Lehrer
133. “A verbal contract isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.”– Samuel Goldwyn
134. “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.” – Robin Williams
135. “If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”– Scott Adams
136. “Trying is the first step toward failure.” – Homer Simpson
137. “It does not matter whether you win or lose, what matters is whether I win or lose!”– Steven Weinberg
138. “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.” – Betty Reese
139. “You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?”– Steven Wright
140. “When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.” – Cathy Guisewite
Funny inspirational quotes to put a smile on your face
141. “Always remember that you are unique – just like everybody else.” –Unknown
142. “Today’s opportunities erase yesterday’s failures.” – Gene Brown
143. “It could be that your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
144. “If you dig a grave for others you may fall into it yourself.” – Irish Proverbs
145. “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” – Terry Pratchett
146. “See the world like a big wardrobe. Everybody has his own costume. There is only one that fits you perfectly.” – George Harris
147. “The best things in life are actually really expensive.” – Unknown
148. “The mind is like a clock that is constantly running down. It has to be wound up daily with good thoughts.” – Fulton J. Sheen
149. “Cause your facial expression to change – smile.” – Catherine Pulsifer
150. “Fire and swords are slow engines of destruction, compared to the tongue of a gossip.” – Richard Steele
Don’t forget to also check out these words of wisdom to bring out the best in you.
Funny inspirational quotes that will lift your mood
151. “The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.” – Unknown
152. “A man who correctly guesses a woman’s age may be smart, but he’s not very bright.” – Lucille Ball
153. “When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.”- Unknown
154. “If you reach for a star, you might not get one. But you won’t come up with a hand full of mud either.” – Leo Burnett
155. “Well-behaved women seldom make history.” – Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
156. “You can’t experience simple joys when you’re living life with your hair on fire.” – Emily Ley
157. “A clear conscience is a sure sign of a bad memory.” – Mark Twain
158. “If your capacity to acquire has outstripped your capacity to enjoy, you are on the way to the scrap-heap.” – Glen Buck
159. “Actually being funny is mostly telling the truth about things.” – Bernard Sahlins
160. “Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.” – William James
You might also like these birthday quotes celebrating life, age and friendships.
Funny motivational quotes to uplift you
161. “If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” – Albert Einstein
162. “There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want.” – Bill Watterson
163. “Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one.” – Terry Pratchett
164. “If you hit the target every time it’s too near or too big.” – Tom Hirshfield
165. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” —John Wooden
166. “Life is a blank canvass, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can.” – Danny Kaye
167. “Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost.” – Martina Navratilova
168. “Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop.” – Unknown
169. “Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing ’til it gets there.” – Josh Billings
170. “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” – Roger Staubach
You might also like these quotes on life lessons to help you move on.
Funny inspirational quotes that will make your day
171. “If we threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.” – Regina Brett
172. “Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them… well, I have others.” – Groucho Marx
173. “Life isn’t finding shelter in the storm. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of dance quotes to help you find the perfect words about movement.
174. “In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later.” – Harold Geneen
175. “When everyone thinks alike, no one thinks very much.” – Walter Lippmann
176. “What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
177. “I know worrying works, because none of the stuff I worried about ever happened.” – Will Rogers
178. “The reason so few people are successful is no one has yet found a way for someone to sit down and slide uphill.” – W. Clement Stone
179. “Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.” – Dick Van Dyke
180. “I believe in the discipline of silence, and could talk for hours about it.” – George Bernard Shaw
Funny inspirational quotes about life and happiness
181. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” – Dalai Lama
182. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
183. “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” – Charles Gordy If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of smile quotes to help keep a smile on your face.
RelatedMoving Quotes to Inspire You to Keep Going
184. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
185. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” – George Burns
186. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
187. “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.” – Margaret Mead
188. “I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early.” – Yogi Berra
189. “A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.” – Justin Sewell
190. “Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.” – Unknown
Funny inspirational quotes to keep you going forward
191. “Life is too short to be serious all the time. So, if you can’t laugh at yourself, Call me….I’ll laugh at you.” – Unknown
192. “The only place where your dreams become impossible is in your own thinking.”– Robert H Shuller
193. “I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”- Winston Churchill
194. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.”– Germany Kent
195. “Change is not a four-letter word… but often your reaction to it is!” – Jeffrey Gitomer
196. “The trouble with the rat-race is that, even if you win, you’re still a rat.” – Lily Tomlin
197. “What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficult, and every difficulty has an opportunity.”– J. Sidlow Baxter
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of opportunity quotes about making the most of a situation.
198. “There’s power in looking silly and not caring that you do.” – Amy Poehler
199. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” – Stephen King
200. “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” – Madeleine L’Engle If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging.
Hilarious and funny inspirational quotes
201. “Never follow anyone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost.” – Ellen DeGeneres
202. “I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches.” – Alice Roosevelt Longworth
203. “To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.” – Baron de Montesquieu
204. “I’ve been on a calendar, but I’ve never been on time.” – Marilyn Monroe
205. “A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.” – Winston Churchill
206. “The dumbest people I know are those who know it all.” – Malcolm Forbes
207. “Don’t let schooling interfere with your education.” – Mark Twain
208. “When I was born I was so surprised I didn’t talk for a year and a half.” – Gracie Allen
209. “I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn’t know.” – Mark Twain
210. “Good things come to those who initiate.” – Susan RoAne If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of vine quotes that showcase some of the most hilarious moments from the short-lived site.
Funny inspirational quotes to lift your mood
211. “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain – and most fools do.” –Benjamin Franklin
212. “If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
213. “An onion can make people cry but there’s never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.” – Will Rogers
214. “To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
215. “Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.” – Dalai Lama
216. “A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them.” – Elbert Hubbard
217. “If you are not your own doctor, you are a fool.” – Hippocrates
218. “Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle.” – Bob Hope
219. “The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.” – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
220. “If you don’t have wrinkles, you haven’t laughed enough.” – Phyllis Diller
Funny inspirational quotes to brighten your day
221. “Taking an interest in what others are thinking and doing is often a much more powerful form of encouragement than praise.” – Robert Martin If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of encouraging quotes to help keep you going.
222. “You’re at your best when you don’t know what you’re doing.” – Paul Stanley
223. “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” – Steve Martin
224. “A good time for laughing is when you can.” – Jessamyn West
225. “Focus, focus, focus! What am I, a telescope?” – Naruto Uzumaki If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Naruto quotes about life, success and relationships.
226. “Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home.” – Phyllis Diller
227. “I’ll probably never fully become what I wanted to be when I grew up, but that’s probably because I wanted to be a ninja princess.” – Cassandra Duffy
228. “Free your mind and your ass will follow.” – George Clinton
229. “I’m not confused. I’m just well mixed.” – Robert Frost
230. “If you don’t know where you are, a map won’t help.” – Watts Humphrey
Other funny inspirational quotes
231. “Change is not a four letter word… but often your reaction to it is!” – Jeffrey Gitomer
232. “Girls have got balls. They’re just a little higher up, that’s all.” – Joan Jett
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of inspirational pictures quotes that will help push you to keep moving forward.
233. “I intend to live forever. So far, so good.” – Steven Wright
234. “I’ve got all the money I’ll ever need, if I die by four o’clock.” – Henny Youngman
235. “If you fall, I’ll always be there.” – The Floor
236. “There’s a little truth in all jive, and a little jive in all truth.” – Leonard Barnes
237. “Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.” –Unknown
238. “To do nothing is sometimes a good remedy.” – Hippocrates
239. “When you’re riding, only the race in which you’re riding is important.” – Bill Shoemaker
240. “People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing.” – Will Rogers
241. “When life puts you in a tough situation, don’t say ‘Why me?’, say ‘Try me’.” — Lisa Lieberman-Wang
242. “Work until your bank account looks like a phone number.” – Unknown
243. Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood.” —Bill Murray
245. “Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart.” —Erma Bombeck
246. “My advice is not to wait to be struck by an idea. If you’re a writer, you sit down and damn well decide to have an idea. That’s the way to get an idea.” —Andy Rooney
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of quotes about having fun and enjoying your life.
Which humorous and funny inspirational quotes were your favorite?
Humor is the spice of life. When we have a sense of humor, we look for the good in life, in other people and in ourselves.
Hopefully, these funny inspirational quotes will help you stay focused and stay loose. Keep them close to help make your journey through life more pleasurable.
Did you enjoy these funny inspirational quotes? What other funny motivational quotes about life would you add to the list? Tell us in the comment section below.
22-11-2021 · “The Walking Dead” – Angela Kang, showrunner. Apple TV+ “Truth Be Told” – Nichelle Tramble Spellman, creator and showrunner . BET “Sistas” – Tyler Perry, creator “Assisted ...
Progress continues to be incremental in front of and behind television cameras in Hollywood. An October 2021 UCLA Television Diversity study examined 461 scripted television shows airing or streaming during the 2019-20 season. It revealed that only 32.1 percent of scripted broadcast network shows, 28.1 percent on cable TV, and 26.8 percent on streaming platforms, featured majority non-white casts. Each category saw an increase of roughly 2-3 percent over the previous season. In summary, despite popular claims of a “renaissance” for BIPOC creatives in Hollywood (especially for African Americans), there’s still much work to be done on the matter of inclusion in all job areas.
As their study states, the BIPOC group is not proportionately represented to their share of the U.S. population, even though audience interest in programming with talent that represents the nation’s diversity, continues to increase.
When BIPOC narratives are controlled by non-BIPOC creatives, character story lines may lack authenticity, or may feature writing dependent on stereotypes, or characters depicted as “culture-less.” Therefore, a key question never to stop asking is whether the nation’s so-called “racial reckoning” will have any real impact on the industry’s hiring practices in a way that will be apparent in 2022’s television diversity reports. At the moment, the outlook remains foggy.
One thing that’s clear is that reality TV reigns, and, based on each network’s 2022 schedule, it’s a trend that will not only continue, but accelerate.
Here is IndieWire’s look at scripted series created and/or overseen by BIPOC creatives for major platforms, scheduled for the 2022/2023 television season. The list will be updated as networks (especially the streamers) solidify their lineups and make midseason announcements. Although, it remains unclear what exactly the traditional television calendar will look like next year and beyond, with disruptors like Netflix premiering new series practically every week throughout the year, and new streamers solidifying their standing.
Throughout the year, there have been numerous new series announcements, pilot pickups, and series orders, but most have yet to be dated, and are therefore excluded from the below list, which will be updated periodically, as firm dates are set.
“Abbott Elementary” – Quinta Brunson, creator, star
“Black-ish” – Kenya Barris, creator
“Grey’s Anatomy” – Shonda Rhimes, creator
“Promised Land” — Matt Lopez, creator
“Queens” – Zahir McGhee, creator
“The Wonder Years” — Saladin Patterson, creator
“Women of the Movement” — Marissa Jo Cerar, creator, writer, showrunner; Gina Prince-Bythewood, director
“A Black Lady Sketch Show” – Robin Thede, creator, showrunner
“Industry” – Mickey Down, co-creator
“Los Espookys” S2 – Julio Torres and Ana Fabrega, showrunners
“Westworld” – Lisa Joy, co-creator, co-showrunner
“DMZ” – Roberto Patino, developer, showrunner; Ava DuVernay, executive producer
“Made for Love S2” – Christina Lee, showrunner
“Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin” – Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, showrunner
“Rap Sh!t” – Issa Rae, creator; Syreeta Singleton, showrunner
“The Flight Attendant” – Natalie Chaidez, co-showrunner
“The Sex Lives of College Girls” – Mindy Kaling, co-creator
“Young Love” – Matthew Cherry, creator, showrunner
“Ramy” – Ramy Youssef, creator and showrunner
“Wu-Tang: An American Saga” — RZA, Alex Tse, creators
“Young Rock” – Nahnatchka Khan and Jeff Chiang, creators; Nahnatchka Khan, showrunner.
“Dark Desire” — Leticia López Margalli, creator
“Never Have I Ever” – Mindy Kaling, co-creator
“Inventing Anna” – Shonda Rhimes, creator
“Young Dylan” — Tyler Perry, creator
“All Rise” — Dee Harris-Lawrence, showrunner
“Cherish the Day” – Ava DuVernay, creator; Raynelle Swilling and Teri Schaffer, co-showrunners
“Queen Sugar” – Ava DuVernay, creator
“David Makes Man” – Tarell McCraney, creator; Dee Harris-Lawrence, showrunner
“The Kings of Napa” – Janine Sherman Barrois, creator, showrunner
“The Game” – Devon Greggory, showrunner
“Flatbush Misdemeanors” – Kevin Iso, co-creator
“The Chi” – Lena Waithe, creator
“Ziwe” – Ziwe Fumudoh, creator and executive producer
“The Man Who Fell To Earth” – Jenny Lumet, co-creator and co-showrunner
“BMF” — Randy Huggins, showrunner
“Blindspotting” – Daveed Diggs, co-creator
“P-Valley” — Katori Hall, creator, showrunner
The “Power” franchise – Courtney A. Kemp, creator and showrunner
“Run the World” – Leigh Davenport, creator; Yvettte Lee Bowser, showrunner
“Chad” – Nasim Pedrad, creator
“The Last O.G.” – Jordan Peele, co-creator; Saladin K. Patterson, showrunner
“Claws” – Janine Sherman Barrois, showrunner
“4400” – Arianna Jackson, co-showrunner
“All American” – Nkechi Okoro Carroll, showrunner
“All American: Homecoming” – Nkechi Okoro Carroll, developer, executive producer
“DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” – Keto Shimizu, co-showrunner
“Kung Fu” – Christina M. Kim, developer, co-showrunner
“Naomi” – Ava DuVernay, co-developer
“Riverdale” – Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, developer, showrunner
“The Flash” – Eric Wallace, showrunner
“Two Sentence Horror Stories” — Vera Miao, creator
Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.
01-11-2021 · The Ancient Magus' Bride. The anime follows an orphan who finds herself in the company of a powerful mage. The Ancient Magus’ Bride has one of the most beautiful animations of …
01-11-2021Every year we're treated to a swath of great anime series; from shoujo that pull at heartstrings, to intense shonen staples that always promise excellent action, there are so many different kinds of anime to look forward to. In the past decade, we've seen anime continue through its moe phase and bring forth tons of new isekai. Much like our Best Games of the Decade and Best TV Shows of the Decade, we wanted to celebrate all the incredible anime series that came out from 2010 through 2019.This list is not ranked but is organized by an anime's release year. We opted to list only the first season of each show with few exceptions in order to highlight more anime from the last ten years.
The Best Anime of the Decade (2010 - 2019)
View all our picks in the gallery above or scroll down for the full list.
Featuring a cast of characters who find themselves in a strange afterlife high school setting upon their deaths, Angel Beats unfolds like a mystery. What’s special about these children that caused them to wind up at the afterlife school? Why do they fight against the student council president, whom they call Angel? Angel Beats provides satisfying answers to each of these questions, and in between, it also delivers an entertaining supernatural high school anime with plenty of laughs, and tears, along the way.
Have you watched Dragon Ball Super?
Moritaka Mashiro loved manga, but convinced himself practically that any other job was likely a more secure future, despite his talent and love for the craft. However, a secret sketch of his middle school crush lands him in a manga partnership when it’s discovered by top student Akito Tagaki who dreams of being a manga author. Bakuman follows the two’s immense trials as they work toward making a successful manga together all while managing their personal relationships, health, and rivalries. Bakuman also offers an interesting perspective on how manga and their anime are made.
Durarara is a fantastic mix of reality and fantasy, taking place in the real-life district of Ikebukuro, but starring a wild cast of everything ranging from a vending machine hurling bartender to a Russian sushi chef, even to a dullahan that rides around the streets on her horse/motorcycle, searching for her long lost head. Every character has a secret in Durarara, and the way it enticingly drips info bit by bit, helping you piece together its larger narrative as each season goes along makes it a ton of fun to watch.
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is GAINAX’S take on Western cartoons like The Power Puff Girls and Invader Zim with an incredibly obscene, crude twist. The Anarchy Sisters, Panty and Stocking, are angels working with priest Garterbelt to earn their way back into heaven by fighting off ghosts - however, these “angels” are anything but morally inclined heroes. They curse in nearly every sentence and don’t give a damn about much of anything other than their vices: sex and sweets. It’s an irreverent, entertaining joy-ride with dozens of tributes to western cartoons and a bangin’ soundtrack. Just don’t watch it around any children.
In a corner of Tokyo is a building occupied by five very nerdy women who all love different things, but all agree on one thing: no men allowed. However, things change when the cross-dressing son of a politician enters their lives and when their home is threatened by a new redevelopment plan. Led by protagonist Tsukimi Kurashita, the women and new friend Kuranosuke find themselves involved with the stylish people they despise.
The Tatami Galaxy
The Tatami Galaxy is a wild rush of creative animation and whirlwind narration that can be a bit hard to follow but is a delightfully odd anime. It follows two men in their third year of college, repeating their time there over and over as the main unnamed student gets a chance to see how his involvement in different clubs could change his college career. The few absolutes that always happen are shaped in interesting new ways with each episode. Right from the outset, Anohana positions itself as one of the saddest, but also one of the most moving anime of the last decade. It’s about a group of young friends who drift apart after the tragic accident claims the life of their friend Menma. Many years later, Menma reappears as a ghost, and attempts to convince her friends to grant her one last wish, though she can’t remember what that wish actually is. It’s a heartwarming and heart-wrenching tale about friendship, grief, and acceptance.
Blue Exorcist follows the story of a young kid who finds out he’s the son of Satan. The anime showcases the importance of not letting others define who you are, and has some great action-packed moments to boot in this demon-filled world.
Anime feature all sorts of clubs and the drama that ensues, but few feature bonds formed so strongly through a game like Chihayafuru. Karuta is a competitive card game that requires its participants to lean 100 poems and snatch away cards that feature the second verse of a poem when the first verse is read aloud. This seemingly simple game brings together three children who dream of becoming the best karuta players in Japan. However, they separate in middle school and their bond through karuta is tested when they find each other again in high school. Chihayafuru is as much a sports anime as it is a drama, and its engaging characters and their personal growth are wonderful.
A prequel to Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero is set 10 years before the events of FSN. It’s a dark, mature tale that doesn’t shy away from sensitive material, while also having some of the best animation that lauded studio Ufotable has ever produced. It perfectly sets the stage for Fate/Stay Night, but beyond that, it also stands on its own as the perfect entry point into the series.
The 1999 Hunter x Hunter anime series was already great, but the 2011 remake is absolutely transcendent. The simple story of a young boy named Gon who sets off to find his father and follow in his footsteps by becoming a Hunter is one of the most unconventional shonen anime out there, featuring wonderful characters, incredible moments, and unforgettable story arcs, with special mention to the Chimera Ant arc, which was never covered in the 1999 series.
Nichijou - My Ordinary Life is 26 episodes of comedy gold set to unbelievably smooth animation. As the title suggests, Nichijou follows an eclectic cast of characters' daily lives, however, their days are anything but ordinary. From a simple fall causing a catastrophic event to wrestling deer, Nichijou takes things to the extreme in the best ways possible.
One day, middle schoolers Madoka and Sayaka are given the opportunity of a lifetime from a mysterious being called Kuybey to become magical girls. In exchange, they must defeat witches that plague their city. However, the more they learn about what it means to be a magical girl, the darker their story becomes. This mature anime takes a look at how self-sacrifice and goodness can easily be taken advantage of by seemingly trustworthy individuals. Puella Magi Madoka Magica is dazzlingly creative and excitingly different from what you'd expect from a magical girl anime.
Steins;Gate is revered as one of the best sci-fi anime out there for a good reason. Okarin is a self-proclaimed mad scientist who goofily works on projects with his friends — until they’re suddenly embroiled in a murder loop that involves time travel and mushy green bananas. Steins;Gate is a wonderful time travel drama that, while not perfect, is great at constantly raising its stakes and features an excellent cast of characters.
As the title suggests, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure is one of the most amazingly bizarre shonen anime of all time that spans many excitingly different seasons. This anime is jam-packed with crazy action and iconic moments that are known to practically all of the anime community.
The unlikeliest of friends bond through the power of music in Kids on the Slope. The anime showcases some great Jazz music composed by the renowned Yoko Kanno who worked on Cowboy Bebop.
This raunchy anime goes all sorts of places; from stealing rare drugs from a massive cult to babysitting, Lupin the Third: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine follows Fujiko on her thieving adventures that often pit her head to head against other famous characters from the main Lupin the Third series. Fujiko is crafty and heavily (and we mean heavily) leans on seduction in her escapades, which makes it not suitable for all viewers. Lupin the Third: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine’s varied cast of characters and unique animation is an utter delight.
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic is full of adventure and wonder as you follow a young Alladin who comes upon an all-powerful djinn. The anime is a fun watch and has a surprising amount of action for those that are fans of shonen.
One of the most relaxing (and silly) anime of the decade is Polar Bear Cafe. Much like the name suggests, it follows the events that happen at a cafe owned by a charismatic polar bear and often occupied by his various human and animal friends. It's a charming slice of life filled with puns and goofy animal adventures.
With notable influence from films like Minority Report and Blade Runner, Psycho-Pass is a cyberpunk crime drama set in a near dystopian--or utopian, depending on perspective--future Japan. The enigmatic Sybil System keeps society running crime-free, constantly evaluating all citizens’ “Psycho Passes,” to determine if their mental state deteriorates to the point of becoming a “latent criminal.” If they are, they are proactively detained or dispatched. A psychological thriller with multiple layers of mystery, Psycho-Pass kept us on our toes through the entirety of the first season.
Like the title suggests, this anime is about brothers who have a similar dream of going into space. Space Brothers does a beautiful job showing that it’s never too late to follow your dreams in a relatable story about navigating the path of adulthood.
It could be easily argued that Sword Art Online was the spark that ignited the flame of the current Isekai trend that has swept over anime in the latter part of this decade. Sword Art Online isn’t the most consistent anime out there, but when it’s at its peak, it’s up there with some of the best. Specifically, the Mother’s Rosario arc.
Humanity lives in fear behind several rings of walls while ravenous, man-eating titans lurk beyond the stone fortresses. Attack on Titan is a brutal, exciting anime about a boy named Eren Yager and his friends Mikasa and Armin who lose everything in a titan attack. Eren vows revenge and joins the military alongside his friends to help fight the titan threat and take back their home. This longrunning anime swings from action to mystery to political drama in stunning fashion.
Flipping the Isekai genre on its head, The Devil is a Part-Timer transports the devil and his demon strategist from another world and strips them of their magic. Forced to survive in modern-day Japan, the devil picks up a part-time job at a fast-food restaurant, and proves he’s not quite the devil the “hero” assumes him to be. The Devil is a Part-Timer is a fantastical slice-of-life dramedy that explores the little problems of life through the lens of characters who treat them as life or death scenarios, making for a light-hearted and funny series.
Gargantia is an often overlooked gem of an anime about a teenage space ensign named Ledo who crash lands on an oceanic planet during a battle with humanity’s greatest enemy: The Hideauze. He is rescued by a nomadic tribe of humans on board the Gargantia, a fleet of ships that essentially serves as a floating country. Gargantia features great fish out of water style comedy as Ledo attempts to adjust to the fleet’s alien lifestyle, but it also delivers a great story with a few unforgettable plot twists.
On paper, Golden Time may not seem like anything special. It hits all the familiar tropes, from an amnesiac protagonist to childhood friend romances, to promises of marriage, and so on. But what’s wonderful about Golden Time is that it almost always goes in the direction opposite of what you traditionally think those tropes would lead to. Character choices end up being consistently surprising while still making logical sense, which is a rare accomplishment in anime.
Hajime no Ippo is one of the top sports anime of all time. The anime explores the high school life of Ippo Makunouchi, who finds himself in the sport of boxing. Not only is this anime a hilariously fun watch, but the action-packed matches and the weight behind each one really showcase the work and effort that athletes put into the sport.
Kill la Kill's unique style and animation are an energetic delight, and the story that goes with them is just as eclectic and cool. Protagonist Ryuko Matoi is looking for the other half of a massive scissor blade that's owned by whoever murdered her father, and the local class president of her new school is the prime suspect. Much like Kill la Kill director's other works, the conflict between the girls in super-powered sailor suits is merely just a starting point for their adventure. Kill la Kill's unabashed fan service and certain uncomfortable scenes can make it a tough one to recommend, but it's one hell of an exciting ride at its heart.
Instead of focusing on the mystery of “why are we here?” in this Isekai, Log Horizon focuses on the question: “how do we live long term, realistically, in a video game world?” The characters soon realize they can’t just survive, they must live, and doing so means structuring a society within the game to co-exist with the NPCs. The perspective turns out to be interesting, entertaining, and fresh, especially for fans of MMOs.
Servant x Service is a comedy series often described as anime meets The Office, and while it’s not the greatest direct comparison, there definitely is a connection in how both are able to turn the mundane into the absurd and make it hilarious. It follows the work lives of several civil servants, each with their own unique quirk. Whether it’s Hasebe’s impressive talent for slacking off, Chihaya’s obsessive love for cosplay, or Lucy’s complex over her ridiculously long name.
Yowamushi Pedal is a sports anime that follows the story of an otaku, Sakamichi Onada, who is surprisingly good at cycling. The anime showcases both hilarious and inspiring moments that make Yowamushi Pedal one of the better sports anime out now.
The first Fate/Stay Night series was a respectable adaptation of Type-Moon’s epic visual novel series, covering just the “Fate” route of the game, but once the reins of the anime production were handed off to Ufotable, the series truly lived up to its potential. Unlimited Blade Works was absolutely stunning to look at, with some of the most impressive fight scenes of the decade, and a great story to match.
Haikyu!! Is by far one of the best sports anime out right now. The anime has great character development and showcases the sport, which is in this case volleyball, in a unique and meaningful way that sets it apart from other sports anime.
One of the most important moments in any high school romance anime is the confession and Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun puts a comedic spin on it and every other trope you'd expect to see. Chiyo Sakura goes to confess her feelings, only to find out that her crush Nozaki is actually a famous shojo manga artist who thinks she's just asking for an autograph. This moment leads her to become his assistant and hilarious antics between them and the rest of the cast ensue.
After saving a stranger from a car, Hiyori Iki's soul is loosened from her body and now allows her to see into the world of spirits and demons. It just so happened that the stranger was a shineless god, Yato, who dreams of making it big. Together they team up to try and fix her soul but find themselves in an excellent, action-packed adventure.
The first few moments of Parasyte: The Maxim warn viewers of what they’re in for: Gory, creepy, sci-fi body horror. One night, spores of unknown origin appear worldwide, producing worm-like creatures that inhabit humans and animals and turn them into emotionless, cannibalistic predators. While sleeping, 17-year-old Shinichi is nearly taken over, but the “parasyte” fails to consume his brain and resigns to taking over his right hand. Together, they must learn to co-exist and face the coming horror of the parasite’s potential worldwide domination while answering the question: What is it to be human?
Ping Pong the Animation is one of the most uniquely animated sports anime of this decade. The animation and editing style of the anime lends itself to the action of the sport which sets it apart from other sports anime.
The anime follows the story of a simple tavern owner, Meliodas, who reconnects with his complicated past to help a passerby. The Seven Deadly Sins is an action-packed romp that will also pull at your heartstrings.
Similar to Bakuman before it, Shirobako takes a look at the challenges of creating anime. Aoi Miyamori and her four friends dream of making an anime together, and after years of friendship, they find themselves in various fields in the anime industry to work toward making that dream come true. But the reality of the anime industry means lots of challenging work, and as a production assistant, protagonist Miyamori has plenty of it. Miyamori and her friends are incredibly relatable, and their very real approach to behind-the-scenes anime drama and production challenges make for an excellent show.
The story follows a student, Ken Kaneki, who unfortunately stumbles into the underworld of man-eating ghouls. Tokyo Ghoul takes gory action to another level while showing the difficult balance of humans and ghouls existing together.
An emotional tale of love, loss, and grief--but also of living life to its fullest--Your Lie in April is a story about a Kousei, middle-school piano prodigy who loses his ability to play after his mother dies. Years later, capricious violin-player Kaori appears to pull him out of the deep-end and teach him to love music again. Your Lie in April may leave you pensive well after its end, but it’s a beautiful story worth the heartache.
A mysterious agency Liba watches over New York City, which is now Earth's hub for demons and otherworldly beings after a massive portal opens in the middle of the city. Blood Blockade Battlefront is jam-packed with action and its wild pacing keeps things exciting as it slowly moves toward addressing its overarching conflict.
Short and bittersweet, each episode of Death Parade explores the life of recently deceased people as they play an arduous game with devious twists in order for their soul to be judged. One particular Arbiter, Decim, begins to subtly question the validity of the system after meeting a peculiar young woman who is unable to recall her past. Part over-arching mystery, part episodic judgment of the week, Death Parade is an interesting look into human nature with plenty of twists along the way.
The last Dragon Ball Z episode aired in Japan in 1996, and almost 20 years later, Dragon Ball Super picked up right where it left off without missing a beat. Though it had some rough patches in terms of its animation, Dragon Ball Super managed to introduce a bevy of excellent characters into the Dragon Ball canon, including Hit, Jiren, Beerus, Whis, and many more. On top of that, it concluded with one of the most exciting Dragon Ball arcs yet, the Tournament of Power.
Ah, literal food porn. Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma is an ecchi anime, meaning things get quite erotic whenever a person eats delicious food. However, as funny as those scenes can be, Food Wars takes its characters and its food very seriously, so much so that it delves into the science behind some of the show's neatest dishes. Food Wars isn't for everyone, but it's certainly a uniquely fun anime.
This stand-alone Gundam series looks at a darker side of the universe, where child workers are turned into soldiers. While a good portion of the show focuses on politics, its strength is in the growth of the children from survivors into a family. Iron-Blooded Orphans does an excellent job of showing both perspectives of the conflict, which prevents its politics from being seen in black and white.
One-Punch Man, as the title implies, is about a man named Saitama who is so ridiculously overpowered in his own universe, that every fight he’s in ends with him beating his opponent in a single blow. It’s an amazing premise that allows One Punch Man to work both as an action anime and a comedic gag anime as well.
Unlike other Isekai anime, the protagonist Ainz Ooal Gown ends up being trapped in the game world as an all-powerful being. The anime showcases a different take on the genre that’s hilarious to watch unfold.
With his psychic powers, Saiki Kusuo knows everything about everyone. This anime short hilariously explores just how weird that makes his life in his desperate attempts to be somewhat normal.
From the very first episode, Erased was an emotional roller coaster that didn’t slow down. Every episode was packed with mysteries and revelations that kept us guessing and left us on the edge of our seat as the story jumped between two timelines, weaving together a fascinating tale of redemption and friendship.
When Kazuma Satou dies unexpectedly, he finds himself being given an opportunity by the goddess Aqua to start a new life in a fantasy world, and he can wish for any one thing to take along with him. He chooses Aqua herself, and so begins one of the funniest Isekai shows around. Konosuba revels in its absurdity, resulting in side-splittingly funny moments, the best of which typically involve Megumin, a mage who only knows one super powerful spell, but using it saps all of her energy and leaves her useless.
Who knew that an anime centered around the game of Shogi could be so utterly engrossing? March Comes in Like a Lion is a fascinating character study of a child prodigy named Rei Kiriyama who devotes his entire life to being a professional at a young age, and the dangerous pressure that a life like that can put on such a young kid. It dives deep into what it’s like living with depression, but also balances that darkness with the liveliness of the Kawamoto family, who care for Rei and serve as his light at the end of the tunnel.
There's not much that stands out about Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama, at least not until he loses control of his emotions and becomes an insanely out-of-control psychic. But when that's not happening, he's learning to improve himself with the help of his family and scam-artist mentor, Reigen Arataka. The two of them along with other excellent cast members find themselves in insane psychic fights with cults and other mischievious characters. Mob Psycho 100 is the whole package; it's got incredibly animated action, a heartfelt story, and wonderful characters and absolutely deserves to be on any watchlist.
In My Hero Academia, Izuku Midoriya is born powerless in a world where 80% of the population have superhuman “quirks,” but is still determined to become a hero. Once he finally gains the powers he’s always dreamed of, he still must face dozens of trials and realistically grows in strength and character with each one. With a supporting cast of amazingly well-developed characters, plenty of heart and humor and fantastic action scenes, MHA is at the top of its class, taking the superhero and shonen genre to the next level.
Protagonist Subaru Natsuki's unique ability to return to life after death gives this anime a unique chance for growth and destruction, and though the otaku in a fantasy world trope has been done many, many times, this works very well. Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World stands out thanks to its narrative focus on pain, consequence, and building up to truly heartfelt moments.
Set in the Showa Era of Japan, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju follows two storytellers trying to make a name for themselves in rakugo. The drama that ensues between the two across many years in the first and second seasons is heartwrenching and haunting. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju is definitely a slower-paced show, but its incredible drama thrives in it.Just as the name of the anime suggests, protagonist Tanaka is indeed always listless or unenthusiastic in his everyday life and it’s amusing and relatable to watch. Tanaka-kun is Always Listless is a feel-good anime with an amazing cast that takes a refreshing angle and hits it right on the nose.
Yuri Katsuki is ready to give up his ice skating career after a tough loss, but is suddenly swept up in the season of his life after his idol Victor Nikiforov decides to become his coach and choreographer. Yuri on Ice is an incredible sports anime that primarily follows Yuri and Victor's evolving relationship as they progress through a tense skating season. The challenges and challengers they face along the way are given great development too and handled in very realistic ways.
Protagonist Jean Otis is tasked with investigating rumors of a coup d'etat brewing somewhere within the 13 states of a large country. This political mystery is a delightfully slow burn filled with imaginative locations and gorgeous animation.
The anime follows an orphan who finds herself in the company of a powerful mage. The Ancient Magus’ Bride has one of the most beautiful animations of the past decade and showcases an unlikely relationship that is fascinating to see.
Chito and Yuuri share a quiet post-apocalyptic adventure in Girls' Last Tour. Equipped with few supplies and a motorbike, the two must survive winter by scavenging the ruins of humanity. This morose anime is made brighter through the girls' perspective on a barren world.
A small community of gem people live relatively quiet lives together in Land of the Lustrous. Each has their own role and responsibilities, one of the key roles is being a scout and defender from the moon people who come down every so often in elegant fashion to shatter and steal their glimmering bodies. Land of the Lustrous is one of the best uses of 3DCG animation to showcase just how beautiful these people are, especially when they're engaged in combat. Its protagonist, Phos, has one of the best character arcs in a short series too.
The witch’s brew that makes up Little Witch Academia would consist of a blended mix of the Harry Potter books, a healthy dose of Naruto, and a pinch of Sailor Moon. The result is a beautiful anime that features a nearly all-female cast in an incredibly inventive world of magic and sorcery. It’s an anime with a ton of heart, carried by its lovable lead, Akko, and rounded out with an excellent supporting cast, including the kind and caring Lotte, the eccentric Sucy, and the complicated Diana.
This surprisingly violent anime follows the daughter of an explorer, Riko, and her mysterious new robot friend, Reg on their adventure down a massive abyss in search of Riko's mother. Made in Abyss is as gorgeous and imaginative as it is cruel. The abyss is home to a curse that plagues adventurers with ailments, terrifying monsters, and plenty of other challenges the two children attempt to overcome.
What happens when your average office-worker gets drunk, wanders into the woods, and accidentally saves a dragon? The dragon offers to be her maid! Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid is about the hard-working Kobayashi, the dragon maid Tohru, and the other colorful dragons and friends they bring into their hearts along the way. A heartfelt dramedy with family at its center, it serves a nice reminder that even people as powerful as dragons have doubts and insecurities, and sometimes need the helping hand of friends or family to get through it.
Opposites attract in Tsuki ga Kirei, a tender portrayal of young love. It excels in how it portrays the challenges of modern relationships and avoids treating romance tropes we see too often in anime.
Love becomes nothing more than a means to end loneliness and satisfy lust for Hanabi and Mugi, two high schoolers who are interested in people they can't have. Scum's Wish is forward with its take on blooming sexuality and how painful it can be, which makes it uncomfortable at times, but it is a rare examination of the challenges of young love.
Shirase's mother has been missing for three years since she was last seen on her expedition in Antarctica and Shirase is determined to find her. Joined by Mari, a fellow student who feels like she's wasting her youth, they gather more friends to each find something for themselves on their journey to Antarctica in A Place Further than the Universe.
Akira Tachibana is a star track runner who can no longer compete after an injury. She instead takes up a part-time job and falls for her middle-aged manager who slowly becomes aware of her affection. Their complicated relationship is filled with regrets of their pasts, and together, they learn more about their futures. After the Rain may present itself as being about a forbidden romance, but it successfully explores so much more through that lens.
Aggrestuko stars Retsuko, a red panda and Tokyo office worker who works through her stress with death metal karaoke. She's got a lot stressing her out too; from an abusive workplace to general challenges of being an adult, Aggrestsuko is a fantastic and funny look at modern adulthood.
Have you ever wondered what the cells or organisms in your body are doing right now at this very moment? Probably not, but Cells at Work! does its best to show you the life of cells in this hilarious and surprisingly action-packed adventure in the human body. So much can happen inside the human body, and this anime takes it to a level that is ridiculously fun to watch with all the lovable unique cells that you’ll eventually meet.
Devilman Crybaby is an excellent look at human cruelty done through a feverish combination of drama and intense violence. Based on the classic Devilman manga, this version follows crybaby Akira Fudo's life after he merges with a demon. With his newfound power, Akira fights demons that threaten to take over the world.
There is a lot going on in Golden Kamuy, so much so that attributing a single genre to it is near impossible. It focuses on a post-war Hokkaido, and the characters The Immortal Sujimoto, a retired soldier; and the young Asirpa, an Ainu huntress; and their search for supposed hidden Ainu gold. Cue a handful of other over-the-top factions also after the gold, memorable characters, and an ever-deepening and complex story for a bizarre historical-ish fiction unlike anything else.
A successful yakuza suddenly becomes the caretaker of a psychokinetic young girl when she suddenly appears in his apartment and threatens to destroy his prized vase collection. From there, he finds himself involved in her odd life and the hilarious mischief that comes with it. Hinamatsuri does a great job of showcasing other characters too.
The anime showcases an interesting relationship between two kids who happen to be really into Street Fighter 2. Hi Score Girl is a hilarious and cute anime that is set in 1991 and revolves around the video game and arcade community in Japan.
Laid-Back Camp follows Rin Shima and Nadeshiko Kagamihara on their fall camping adventures. This slice-of-life is a wonderful celebration of nature and friendship while also providing actual camping advice. It also surprisingly celebrates and respects the need to sometimes be alone.
Studio TMS Entertainment celebrates the 50th anniversary of Ashita no Joe (Tomorrow’s Joe) with a new “cool retro look” of the original series. In this futuristic world, Junk Dog lives for the thrill of competition through Megalo Boxing, a sport where competitors fight with the assistance of mechanical frames. The story is very different from the original series but the combination of the art style, music, and characters work well together to create some iconic moments.
Run With the Wind is different than your typical sports anime, and it shines because of that. Instead of focusing the majority of the anime on the action and technical aspect of the sport, which is marathon running in this case, the focus turns towards the members involved. Run with the Wind beautifully portrays the struggle of overcoming the roadblocks of life and pushing yourself to move forward.
Mikami Satoru used to be a regular old Japanese office worker… until he was murdered and reincarnated as a Slime with extraordinary abilities in another world. It’s pretty ripe with Isekai tropes, but That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime does it well, and even a bit differently. Part action-adventure, part politics, part harem (but not too over-the-top about it), with plenty of heartstring-tugging drama and fourth-wall-breaking humor to get you through it, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime is a wholesome treat for fantasy lovers - especially if you’re a fan of JRPGs.
Violet Evergarden is beautiful in both its animation and the tale it weaves, telling the story of a young child soldier who must find a new purpose after the war. Violet begins working as a letter writer, unsteadily at first, but with her unique perspective, she is able to craft letters that draw out the rawest emotion. Each story pulled at our heartstrings for different reasons, and the overarching mystery driving the narrative kept us drawn and invested in Violet.
Two girls from very different backgrounds come together to form a two-person band and start a music revolution on Mars in Carole & Tuesday. This beautiful anime eloquently takes a look at some issues within the music industry and in society all while providing incredible musical performances.
Set in Japan during the Taisho period (early 1900s), Demon Slayer tells the story of Tanjiro, a young man set on revenge against a demon who massacred his family and left his younger sister Nezuko a demon herself. Against all odds, Tanjiro begins training as a “demon slayer” with Nezuko by his side. Tanjiro never loses his kindness and empathy throughout harrowing, beautifully animated battles, which breathes life into all characters - friendly or not. Demon Slayer’s most dramatic scenes merge all aspects - music, animation, story - into a beautiful symphony of emotional spectacle, and the grandeur simply never gets old.
Dr. Stone is an explosive chemical reaction of fantasy and sci-fi that results in an extremely fun show about a modern-day genius awakening in a world without technology. It’s essentially an isekai in disguise, but while shows like Sword Art Online, ReZero, and Shield Hero are grounded in fantasy, Dr. Stone is instead built on a foundation of science.
Fruits Basket is an all-time great when it comes to shoujo manga, and its 2019 remake is an incredible reminder of why the story of Tohru Honda and the Soma’s resonates so deeply with anime fans. It succeeds as both a feel-good high school romance comedy with an excellent love triangle dynamic, and as a dramatic tale of a family steeped in trauma, abuse, and darkness.
The buildup to a romantic confession in anime lives or dies by its drama, and Kaguya-sama: Love Is War is jam-packed with hilarious antics that blow most anime about a budding romance out of the water. Protagonists Kaguya Shinomiyua and Miyuki Shirogane are not only the leads of their school's student council and the smartest among their classmates, but they also have massive crushes on each other. However, they're both unwilling to confess their feelings and instead take to mind games and trick to get the other to confess.
The Promised Neverland, a show about a group of kids who try to escape from a horrible fate, never lets up on its momentum, and despite it being an anime with very little actual action, each episode is dripping with tension, building towards one hell of a climax that satisfyingly wraps up the season while also leaving us waiting with bated breath for what comes next.
An old Viking is ripped from his peaceful life in order to protect his village from a looming war. Little does he know that his young son, Thorfinn, stowed away on his ship and they depart for a tragic adventure that will set the child on a bloody, painful path for revenge. Though the action in Vinland Saga is great, its characters and the dark paths many of them walk are what make this anime stand out.
What anime from the past decade were your favorites? Let us know in the comments, and for more on anime, be sure to check out our list of the Top 25 Anime Series of All Time and IGN's three Best of 2019 anime awards.