In this case, Linda Cardellini
Linda Edna Cardellini, an American actress, was born on June 25, 1975.  In television, she is known for her leading roles in the teen drama Freaks and Geeks (1999–2000), the medical drama ER (2003–09), the drama thriller Bloodline (2015–17), and the tragicomedy Dead to Me (2019–2022), the latter of which earned her a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series Also, she was nominated for a Primetime Emmy for her role as a guest star on the hit series Mad Men (2013-2015). Scooby-Doo! Mystery, Incorporated (2010-2013), Regular Show (2012-15), Gravity Falls (2012-16), and Sanjay & Craig (2013-16) are just a few of the animated shows where she has provided her voice.
In film, Cardellini is best known for her portrayal of Velma Dinkley in Scooby-Doo (2002) and its sequel Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004), and her supporting roles in Legally Blonde (2001), Brokeback Mountain (2005), Grandma’s Boy (2006), Kill the Irishman (2011), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), The Founder (2016), Green Book, A Simple Favor (both 2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019) In addition to her work on Disney's Hawkeye, she has starred in the drama Return (2011), for which she was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead; the comedies Daddy's Home (2015) and Daddy's Home 2 (2017); the horror film The Curse of La Llorona (2019); and the television series.
Culture and Education in the Early Years [ edit ]
Cardellini's mother, Lorraine Cardellini (née Hernan), was a homemaker, and her father, Wayne David Cardellini, was in the business world when she was born in Redwood City, California. There are four of her siblings, and she's the youngest. Cardellini's ancestry is varied: (from left to right) Italy, Ireland, Germany, and Scotland She came from a Catholic family [3, 4].  At the age of 10, she made her first public appearance in a school play where she sang. Soon after, she began taking drama classes and performing in plays at her school. She attended the Catholic St. Francis High School in neighboring Mountain View, where she graduated in 1993.  After that, she relocated to Los Angeles in search of acting roles in both television and film. 
During a 1994 episode of "The Price Is Right," Cardellini competed and won a fireplace. 
She earned a degree in theatre arts from Loyola Marymount University's College of Communication and Fine Arts in 1997. The university named her a "Distinguished Alumna" in 2007 . 
Career [ edit ]
Cardellini's first breakthrough role was as Sarah on ABC's Bone Chillers, a live-action children's series that aired on Saturday mornings. She then went on to make guest appearances on a variety of high-profile shows, such as Step by Step, Clueless, and 3rd Rock from the Sun, and to play Lauren, the girl who ultimately drove a wedge between the show's lead characters, on Boy Meets World. While performing in a touring production of Lancelot, a fourteenth-century Dutch tragedy, Cardellini starred in the first season of the AMC series The Lot in 1999. 
For Cardellini, her breakthrough came when she was cast as one of the leads in the 1999–2000 NBC series Freaks and Geeks. Cardellini's success as the honor student having an identity crisis in the film, Lindsay Weir, propelled her to stardom. Cardellini played the animated series' Velma Dinkley in the 2002 live-action film Scooby-Doo. Afterwards, in 2004, she appeared in Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, once again playing Velma. In 2003, she became a regular on ER as the free-thinking nurse Samantha Taggart. Cardellini appeared on ER for six seasons until the series finale, "And in the End...", and she and the rest of the cast won the TV Land ensemble Icon Award in 2009. 
In addition to her role as Samantha in Happy Madison's Grandma's Boy, she has appeared in the films Dead Man on Campus, Stranger than Fiction, Good Burger, Legally Blonde, Brokeback Mountain (for which she received a nomination for an ensemble Gotham and Screen Actors Guild award), and the upcoming Grandma's Boy. In the role-playing video game Gladius, she voiced Ursula, and in the ABC cartoon The Goode Family, she voiced Bliss Goode. Comanche Moon was a 2007 CBS miniseries that starred Linda Cardellini as the heartbroken Clara, a precursor to the 1989 film Lonesome Dove. 
After a hiatus in 2009, Cardellini performed with the Dr. Appeared in Kill the Irishman and Super, and starred in the indie film Return after being a member of the God comedy group in Los Angeles and San Francisco. At the Paley Center for Media's PaleyFest on March 12, 2011, she shared the stage with the casts and creators of Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared. She provided the voice of Wendy on the Disney Channel show Gravity Falls from June 15, 2012, until February 15, 2016.
The Thrilling Adventure Hour is a podcast and live show, and Linda Cardellini voice acts in the Sparks Nevada: Marshal on Mars segments on occasion. To play Don Draper's love interest Sylvia Rosen on Mad Men,  she was cast in 2013. She was nominated for a Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for her role on Mad Men. She played Hawkeye's wife, Laura Barton, in 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron, and she returned to the role in 2019's Avengers: Endgame, which for a short time was the highest-grossing film of all time. She began starring alongside Kyle Chandler in the 2015 season of the Netflix drama series Bloodline. A third season was the last for the show, which was canceled in 2016. She also played the lead role of Sara Whitaker in the comedy film Daddy's Home that same year . She returned to the role in 2017's Daddy's Home 2.
Cardellini joined the cast of Dead to Me, a Netflix black comedy series, alongside Christina Applegate in August of 2018. Launched on May 3, 2019, it has a premiere date of .  Her portrayal earned her acclaim and a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. In the same year, she shared screen time with Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali in the Oscar-winning Best Picture film Green Book.
She made her film debut in 2019's The Curse of La Llorona, a supernatural thriller.  In the upcoming biographical drama film Capone, Cardellini will play Mae Capone, the protagonist's wife. 
In 2021, she returned to her role as Laura Barton on the Marvel Studios series Hawkeye, which made its Disney Channel debut that November.
Social and private life [ edit ]
In the years after Freaks and Geeks was canceled in 2000, Cardellini dated Jason Segel, another cast member.  She and her boyfriend Steven Rodriguez made the pregnancy public in October 2011. In February of 2012, she gave birth to their daughter. They got engaged in June of 2013 [[]. 
Filmography [ edit ]
Nominations and honors [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- ^ a b Article by Jacqueline Cutler from the 25th of November, 2007. Cardellini, Linda Newspaper located in Chicago This version was archived on December 2, 2020. Retrieved August 26, 2018
- ^ a b "Super Intelligent" People July 1, 2002 Retrieved March 1, 2019
- ^ "Linda Cardellini, Episode 986" How Did This Get Made? : The WTF with Marc Maron Podcast1 On Thursday, January 17th, 2019
- ^ The Works of Steve Schneider "High Life, Penguins, and More Open in Orlando" A Local Newspaper for Orlando
- ^ According to Watkins, Gwynne (2013-06-12), Q&A with Linda Cardellini about Sylvia Rosen's extramarital affair from "Mad Men" GQ Retrieved Today is Halloween (October 31), 2013
- ^ a b c Donna Petrozzello et al. (19 August 1999). Young Actress Delights in Role of Film Starlet Each day, the New York Daily News
- ^ a b Cardellini, Linda AskMen com
- ^ According to the video titled "Linda Cardellini Made Her First Television Appearance as a Contestant on 'The Price Is Right'" HuffPost June 18, 2013
- ^ Archival link to "LA Leaders, LMU Distinguished Alumni Reception 2007" The University of Loyola Marymount Friday, 22 February 2007 Data Retrieval Date: January 2, 2013
- ^ All Recipients of the Distinguished Alumnus Award Since 1970 There is a university in Los Angeles called Loyola Marymount. Extracted on January 2, 2013
- ^ April MacIntyre (April 9, 2009) "TV Land Awards gives Icon award to 'ER'""ER" was honored as a TV Land Icon at the awards show. Both Monsters and Critics1 Date of original publication: August 13, 2010
- ^ Nominations for the Gotham Awards Have Been Made Available Archived September 22, 2012, at the Wayback Machine FilmMakerMagazine www.com, 10/25/2005
- ^ For the 12th time, the Screen Actors Guild will be handing out awards and nominations. The SAG Union 2006
- ^ Tanner Stransky (2007-08-17). When did "Freaks and Geeks" go away? Those who are interested in entertainment should read Entertainment Weekly.
- ^ Article: "Angels & Prophets: Linda Cardellini"1 drgodcomedy com Date of original publication: May 22, 2011
- ^ Performer Linda Cardellini 2011 Schedule SFSketchFest com A copy of this article that was archived on July 16, 2011,
- ^ 'Freaks and Geeks' / 'Undeclared Reunion' PaleyCenter org March 12, 2011 Retrieved March 16, 2011
- ^ To paraphrase the phrase, "Freaks and Geeks Still Rocks"1 IGN March 14, 2011 Retrieved March 16, 2011
- ^ Sparks, Nevada, Marshal on Mars: An Overview of the Show and Its Individual Segments. Time for some extreme excitement! The original version was published on December 7th, 2013. Retrieved After tonight, October 31st, 2013
- ^ (Campos, Nicole) June 8th, 2010 The Largo audience was thrilled by the "Adventure Hour," which featured aliens, superheroes, and Nazis. Blog of Art for Public Spectacle (Highly Recommended) LA Weekly Saved as the original on November 2, 2013 Retrieved October 31 2013
- ^ It has been announced that "Damages" creators Todd A. Kessler, Glenn Kessler, and Daniel Zelman have recruited Norbert Leo Butz to star in their upcoming Netflix drama series. TVWise March 5, 2014 Retrieved On September 19 2015
- ^ Author: Laura Prudom Date: September 14, 2016 "'Bloodline' Ending After Season 3 on Netflix"After Season 3 on Netflix, 'Bloodline' Will Be Canceled. Retrieved Wednesday, September 14 2016
- ^ As Nellie Andreeva "Linda Cardellini To Star In Netflix Dark Comedy Series 'Dead To Me'"Linda Cardellini Joins The Cast Of Netflix's Dead To Me, A Black Comedy Deadline in Hollywood Retrieved August 3, 2018
- ^ Megh Wright According to the article, "Christina Applegate Joins Will Ferrell's Dead to Me," a Netflix comedy that Ferrell will produce and star in, will star Applegate. Vulture Retrieved July 16, 2018
- ^ Brian Davids (2019-04-19). How "The Curse of the Lonely Doll" Gave Linda Cardellini Her Breakthrough Role A Report From Hollywood
- ^ Author: McNary, Dave Date: March 16th, 2018 Tom Hardy's Al Capone biopic has added Linda Cardellini, Matt Dillon, and Kyle MacLachlan. Variety Pennske Broadcasting Company Retrieved April 2, 2018
- ^ "Jason Segel was devastated by the breakup." The Times (Los Angeles) April 13, 2008 Retrieved June 7, 2013
- ^ Baby on the Way for Linda Cardellini!" People June 22, 2011 Retrieved March 1, 2019
- ^ A Daughter, Lilah-Rose, for Linda Cardellini! People March 6, 2012 Retrieved March 1, 2019
- ^ "Linda Cardellini Is Engaged to Her Boyfriend, Steven Rodriguez of 'Freaks and Geeks'" Instance of The Huffington Post1 June 7, 2013 Retrieved June 7, 2013
- ^ It's nomination time for the Gothams! Filmmaker Document originally saved on March 14, 2014 Retrieved April 15, 2020
- ^ Screen Actors Guild Awards 2012" Actors' Equity Retrieved April 15, 2020
- ^ On Sunday, April 19th, at the "2009 TV Land Awards," the legendary medical drama ER will be honored as an "Icon." That company is ViacomCBS Inc. April 8, 2009
- ^ a b The list of Linda Cardellini's Emmy wins, nominations, and presentations is extensive. Insititue of Television Arts and Sciences Retrieved August 13, 2020
- ^ The Complete Nominee List for the 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards ABC News Friday, February 23rd, 2013
- ^ "The Winners of the 2019 MTV Movie & TV Awards" Variety June 17, 2019
- ^ For the complete rundown of the Emmy Award candidates for 2020, see below. It's in the New York Times July 28, 2020 Retrieved July 28, 2020
- ^ Mirjana Van Blaricom, published on 1 February 2021. The 25th Annual Satellite Awards Nominees in Film and Television Have Been Announced! The International School of Journalism Retrieved On the first of February 2021
- ^ The 27th Annual Screen Actors Guild Nominations Have Been Announced. Oscars of the Acting Industry The SAG Union Friday, February 4, 2021 Retrieved 4 February 2021
Internet resources [ edit ]
- Online database of biographers
- A Movie Website
- Portal for the United States
Survivors bravely confront the apocalypse in thrilling Fear the Walking Dead Series Finale Recap. Don't miss this gripping conclusion filled with tension, emotions, and shocking twists. Experience the fight for survival as our protagonists stand their ground. Click now!
Discover the intricacies of Whitney and Asher's marriage, unravel Dougie's hidden secrets, and delve into the profound impact of self-reflection in episode 2 of "The Curse". Uncover the compelling dynamics and gripping revelations that will leave you spellbound.
Unravel the tangled hearts, delve into the love and secrets of Castaway Diva Episode 8. Discover an enticing journey that will captivate and leave you craving for more.
Laugh, cry, and cheer as you embark on a delightful and touching adventure with Season 3 of Abbott Elementary. Get ready for a heartwarming journey full of laughter and emotions. Don't miss out - click here for a dose of hilarious and heartwarming moments!