In the role of Minka Kelly
Page through the contents by clicking the table of contents button. Model and actress Minka Kelly was born in the United States on June 24, 1980. Her breakout role came on the NBC drama series Friday Night Lights from 2006 to 2009, and she has since guest-starred on Parenthood
Page through the contents by clicking the table of contents button.
Model and actress Minka Kelly was born in the United States on June 24, 1980. Her breakout role came on the NBC drama series Friday Night Lights from 2006 to 2009, and she has since guest-starred on Parenthood (2010–2011), Charlie's Angels (2011), and Almost Human (2013). Kelly portrayed Dawn Granger/Dove on the DC Universe/HBO Max series Titans from 2018 to 2021.
Early life [ edit ]
A native Angeleno, Kelly was born in the city of Angels.  She was born to Rick Dufay, the guitarist for Aerosmith, and the late Maureen Dumont Kelly, who was a singer. Her mother, who held a number of jobs to support the family, raised her from a young age. Kelly and her mother moved around a bit before settling in Albuquerque, New Mexico when Kelly was a middle schooler. Kelly's mom, Maureen, passed away from colon cancer at the young age of 51 in 2008. Minka Kelly's ancestry includes not only Dutch-Indonesian but also French and Irish 
Career [ edit ]
Kelly moved back to Los Angeles after finishing high school in Albuquerque, New Mexico (where she attended Valley High). A former Playboy Playmate who was interested in managing her approached her during a test shoot for a modeling agency,  and they hit it off. Kelly's breast augmentation was paid for in part by her new job as a receptionist at a plastic surgeon's office, which Kelly was able to land thanks to her assistance. Kelly opted out of surgery and lost her job. After working as a scrub technician for a year,  she decided to go back to school for a year to become a surgeon's assistant. She worked as an actress for four years, during which time she constantly pursued acting roles in film and television. 
Kelly's acting debut was in the 2003 six-minute short The Turbo Charged Prelude for 2 Fast 2 Furious. Thereafter, they made an appearance on Cracking Up as a special guest. Since then, she has guest-starred on several popular TV shows, including Entourage, Drake & Josh, and American Dreams. Kelly was cast as a recurring character on the WB comedy series What I Like About You for three episodes in 2005.
Kelly joined the cast of the NBC drama series Friday Night Lights in April 2006 as a series regular. The show, which was adapted from a film of the same name, centers on a high school football team in the made-up town of Dillon. Kelly portrayed Lyla Garrity, a cheerleader and high school student. She joined the Pflugerville High School cheerleading squad to get ready for her role as a cheerleader. On the first day of the premiere of the series, October 3, 2006, Kelly received praise for her performance, with The New York Times calling her performance "heartbreaking." Kelly's character graduated from high school and headed off to college at the end of the third season, at which point Kelly herself left the show. 
Kelly starred as Tammy Boyles in the 2006 horror slasher film The Pumpkin Karver, and also appeared in a small role in the film State's Evidence. After working with Peter Berg on Friday Night Lights, she had a small role as Ms. Ross, Jennifer Garner, and Jamie Foxx She also had a small role as Autumn, a potential new love interest for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character in the final scene of the 2009 film 500 Days of Summer.
Kelly had been chosen to play the lead role in the CW pilot Body Politic back in August of 2008. Francesca "Frankie" Foster, the character she portrayed, is a young professional who moves to Washington, D.C. to work for a senator and meets a group of ambitious young professionals there. Though the pilot was well received by critics who watched it, the series was not picked up by The CW. Kelly also played the lead role of Kate, a Midwestern girl who meets and falls in love with Henry at the top of the Empire State Building, in the pilot episode of the CBS comedy series Mad Love, which ultimately did not go to series. After the show was picked up, Sarah Chalke took over for Kelly. 
Kelly made an appearance on the NBC drama series Parenthood back in April of 2010. She was cast in the role of Max's Asperger syndrome-diagnosed behavioral aide. Kelly then appeared in eight more episodes before leaving permanently in the March 29, 2011 episode "Taking the Leap." Kelly received Esquire's "Sexiest Woman Alive" honor in the same year. She joined the cast of Love, Loss, and What I Wore, an Off-Broadway play, alongside Conchata Ferrell, AnnaLynne McCord, Anne Meara, and B. Smith for performances from April 27-29, 2011. 
ABC confirmed Kelly's participation in the revival of Charlie's Angels, a crime drama series, in December 2010. For this role, she was Eve French, a street racer. Filming for the pilot began in March of 2011, and on May 13 of that year, the show was officially ordered to series. On its premiere night, September 22, 2011, Charlie's Angels attracted more than 8 76,000,000+ Viewers Critics were nearly unanimous in their disapproval of the show. ABC cancelled the series after the premiere of the fourth episode due to low ratings, despite having a total of 13 episodes planned. On November 10, 2011, the series came to a close.
Kelly played a college freshman whose roommate, played by Leighton Meester, becomes violently obsessed with her in the 2011 thriller The Roommate. The film made over $15 million despite receiving mostly negative reviews upon release. Over 40 million dollars was made in total earnings, including over million in the first weekend alone.
Kelly's lead role in the mystery comedy film Searching for Sonny was recently announced by Variety. In this film adaptation of a murder mystery similar to one in which the protagonists starred in high school, two old friends find themselves entangled as suspects. Fort Worth, Texas was the setting for the filming in May and June of 2010. In the Festivus Film Festival, this film was deemed the best narrative feature.
In December 2011, she traveled with General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; Robert Horry, Jordin Sparks, Thomas Miles; and Sergeant Major Bryan Battaglia across four countries as part of a United Service Organizations tour lasting eight days. For the 2012 New York Fashion Week show The Heart Truth Red Dress Collection,  she was one of the celebrity models. Specifically, her dress was by Diane von Fürstenberg.  Kelly made a cameo in the Maroon 5 music video for "One More Night" in June of 2012. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis was portrayed by Kelly in the 2013 film The Butler. 
Kelly's casting on DC Universe's Titans, as Dawn Granger/Dove, was announced in September 2017. On October 12, 2018,  the show debuted for the first time. For season two, which premieres in September 2019, Kelly has been elevated to regular cast member. In May of 2018, Kelly played the role of North in the video game Detroit: Become Human. North is the protagonist Markus's right-hand woman and a potential love interest. 
Kelly will appear in the upcoming psychological thriller Blackwater Lane alongside Maggie Grace and Dermot Mulroney. The film is based on B.A. Paris's 2017 novel The Breakdown. 
Intimate sphere [ edit ]
In the kitchen, Kelly is at her happiest.  In June of 2015, she earned her diploma from Culver City, California's New School of Cooking. 
Filmography [ edit ]
Film [ edit ]
Television [ edit ]
The Music Video [ edit ]
Playing Video Games [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- ^ As of the 22nd of February, 2021, Bacardi, Francesca Trevor Noah and Minka Kelly ring in his birthday together. Page Six Retrieved At midnight on December 31st, 2021
- ^ "Minka Kelly's Background" Movies on Yahoo! Retrieved Monday, September 4 2012
- ^ Published in Esquire in November 2006, "Funny Joke from a Beautiful Woman" by Rachel Sturtz. 146 (5):41
- ^ A "Complicated" Relationship: Minka Kelly Dishes on Her Mom's Stripper Career. HuffPost On this date in 2011 Retrieved June 15, 2019
- ^ a b c d e In a Ryan D'Agostino (The New York Times, October 11, 2010) "In 2010, Minka Kelly was the sexiest woman on the planet." Esquire Retrieved June 10, 2019
- ^ "Minka Kelly's Uncle Begs for Charity on 'Charlie's Angels'" Online Radar On this date in 2011 Retrieved June 16, 2019
- ^ A. Andrews, Amy (2010-10-11). "Minka Kelly is Esquire's sexiest woman alive; Derek Jeter better watch out." IrishCentral Retrieved On the ninth of December, 2016
- ^ Minka Kelly (@minkakelly) June 30th, 2017 In honor of the final day of Immigration Heritage Month, I would like to share how I honor my own family's immigration history. Retrieved July 6, 2017 — Through the Instagram
- ^ Source: Real, Evan (2016-05-10). Read: "Minka Kelly's Embarrassing Yearbook Photos" Us Weekly Retrieved January 19 2019
- ^ No author cited (2006) The New York Times, "Complete Biography" It was retrieved on October 2, 2007
- ^ You Can Find "Friday Night Light" on Monday, Tuesday, and Even Friday Night, Virginia Heffernan (December 29, 2006). '''The New York Times''' 156 (53808):E37
- ^ To cite: Abrams, Natalie (2009-06-06). The Best Pilot You Might Never See: The Body Politic E! This version was archived on December 22, 2017, from the original Retrieved May 31, 2018
- ^ Joyce Eng (Feb. 9, 2010) True love has been declared for Minka Kelly. TV Guide Retrieved Wednesday, October 19 2018
- ^ Andrew Gans (April 14, 2011) "Minka Kelly and Susan Sullivan to Star in Off-Broadway Play About Love, Loss" Playbill Retrieved March 29, 2018
- ^ As of Monday, October 14th, 2011 (Deschowitz, Jessica) ABC has decided to end the run of "Charlie's Angels." CBS News Retrieved As of the 19th of January, 2019
- ^ [@the_USO] United Service Organizations (12 December 2011). The USO Holiday Tour featuring @JordinSparks, @MinkaKelly, Robert Horry, and @nephewtommy was kicked off by "GEN @Martin_Dempsey of @thejointstaff" and "@DeanieDempsey." Retrieved Thursday, December 19 2011 I'm going to tweet this:
- ^ Photos: Gen. Dempsey embarks on inaugural USO tour with A-list support team Joint Chiefs of Staff The 20th of December, 2011 Date of original publication: December 3, 2013 Retrieved It's the 20th of December today. 2011
- ^ Alanna Nuez et al., February 10th, 2012 Celebrities Take to the Runway for Heart Awareness Shape Retrieved Thursday, February 10th, 2019 2012
- ^ Publisher: Warner, Kara (2012-06-26). As the headline puts it, "Minka Kelly Is Maroon 5's Newest Video Vixen." MTV Published initially on March 27, 2017 Retrieved July 17, 2017
- ^ The butler in question Comingsoon net Retrieved June 8, 2013
- ^ According to Nellie Andreeva (7 September 2017). Minka Kelly Joins the Cast of Titans as Dove, a New Role for the Actress in the Upcoming DC Live-Action Series" Tinseltown's Final Cut Retrieved On the eighth of September, 2017
- ^ Zarmena Khan (March 3, 2018). Clancy Brown, Lance Henriksen, and Minka Kelly Are Among the Star-Studded Cast of "Detroit: Become Human." Ps3 Way of Life Retrieved April 10, 2020
- ^ Z. Ntim October 13, 2022 Blackwater Lane to Star Minka Kelly, Maggie Grace, and Dermot Mulroney, Adapted from B.A. Paris' The Breakdown. Deadline Retrieved Tuesday, November 2nd, 2022
- ^ a b Kelly Minka Completes Her Culinary Degree Yahoo In the original version from April 26, 2017 Retrieved June 15, 2019
- ^ (March 21, 2016) Byrne, Suzy. "I learned how to grow a thick skin and be adaptable," Minka Kelly said of her nomadic upbringing. Yahoo! Retrieved August 24, 2019
- ^ YouTube
- ^ Maroon 5 – One More Night on YouTube
Websites outside the scope of this paper [ edit ]
Reminiscent of a Midwest sorority girl who spent spring break in Jamaica and returned with cornrows, a fading tan, and hints of a slightly offensive patois while knowing nothing about the island's geography beyond where the poolside bar at Sandals was located. The Titans of DC could just as easily
T Tom Hardy's Taboo has been the subject of much discussion, not all of it positive. Reports have suggested that the drama has cost its star £2 million, and it has been called "ponderous," "lacking in substance," and "the ultimate in frustration watching." I'm here to tell you that the
What to expect as a parent when watching this film Notable for and Sensuality, Passion, and Nakedness Not Here Addictive Behaviors: Alcohol, Drugs, and Tobacco Parents should know that Ron's
Annie Ryder (Anna Paquin) is a detective in the town of Bellevue who has problems with her boundaries. In the first scene, she smashes a stranger's car window and apologizes for it.