American actress Julia Garner was born on February 1, 1994. Her breakout role as Ruth Langmore in the first three seasons of Netflix's crime drama Ozark (2017–2022) garnered her widespread acclaim and three Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2019, 2020, and 2022. 
The Americans (FX, 2015–2018), Maniac (Netflix, 2018), and Dirty John (Bravo, 2018–2019) all featured Garner in recurring or starring roles. Her portrayal of Anna Sorokin in the 2022 Netflix miniseries Inventing Anna earned her Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy Award nominations.
She has appeared in Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011), The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012), and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014), and she has starred in Electrick Children (2012), We Are What We Are (2013), Grandma (2015), and The Assistant (2019).
Early life [ edit ]
The Bronx, New York is where Garner was born. More specifically, the Riverdale neighborhood.  Her mom, therapist Tami Gingold, is a famous Israeli comedian and actress. Her father, Ohio native Thomas Garner, is a painter and art educator. Both Garner and her mother were raised Jewish, so  this is not a coincidence. Anna Garner, an artist, is her older sister. Garner frequently visits Israel to see her mother's Israeli relatives. She has a basic grasp of modern Hebrew from hearing her mother use it, but she is not a native speaker. 
In Greenwich, Connecticut, she went to Eagle Hill School. citation neededShe started taking acting classes at age 15 to get over her shyness . In 2015, Garner earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from Indiana University. 
Career [ edit ]
At the age of 17, Garner starred as Sarah in Sean Durkin's film Martha Marcy May Marlene.
In 2012, she was asked by director David Chase to appear in the film Not Fade Away in a small part that he had written for her. The film Electrick Children (2012) marked her first major acting role. She starred in the American remake of the Mexican horror film We Are What We Are (2013) and co-starred with Ashley Bell in the horror film The Last Exorcism Part II (2013).
As Marcie, a young stripper who meets Johnny (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014), Garner co-starred alongside him. This was her first time performing in front of a green screen,  so to speak. 
Garner and Lily Tomlin co-starred in the 2015 comedy film Grandma, directed by Paul Weitz. Tomlin played the grandmother of Garner's character, a lesbian poet, whom the teen seeks out to help her get an abortion. A 2016 episode of Girls, created by Lena Dunham and airing on HBO, was titled "The Panic in Central Park," in which she had a guest starring role.
To keep working in the industry, Garner was given a recurrent role in the third season of the FX historical spy thriller The Americans. She stayed on through season six . In 2016, she was supposed to make her off-Broadway debut in Smokefall by Noah Haidle at MCC Theater, but she had to drop out of the production during rehearsals due to scheduling conflicts. 
In the Netflix crime drama series Ozark, Garner has been starring as Ruth Langmore alongside Jason Bateman and Laura Linney since 2017. She received three Primetime Emmy Awards as the year's Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her portrayal of the character, which was widely praised by critics.
In 2018, Garner played Ellie, the sister of Emma Stone's character, in the Netflix miniseries Maniac.  Garner was also a recurring character on Bravo's true crime anthology series Dirty John (2018–19). Starring as Connie Britton's character's daughter, she was known as Terra Newell. 
Garner made a cameo in the 2019 episode of the Amazon anthology series Modern Love. She appeared in two episodes during its first season, including "So He Looked Like Dad." After All, We Were Only Talking About Dinner Shea Whigham stars as a young woman smitten by an older man. Emmy Rossum helmed the episode. In the same year, she played a production assistant in a hostile workplace in the indie drama The Assistant. The film's director, Kitty Green, took on the culture of the MeToo movement. The film had its world premiere at the 2019 Telluride Film Festival, where it received rave reviews. For her work, Garner was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award and received critical acclaim. 
As the Russian-born German fraudster Anna (Sorokin) Delvey, Garner plays the antagonistic title role in the Netflix miniseries Inventing Anna. Based on the New York article "How Anna Delvey Tricked New York's Party People" by Jessica Pressler, the series was created and is produced by Shonda Rhimes. Dated February 11, 2022, it debuted on Netflix . 
Kitty Green's The Royal Hotel and Natalie Erika James's Apartment 7A were both on Garner's 2022 rolodex. 
There were rumors in June 2022 that Garner had been offered the lead role in a biopic about Madonna, which would be directed by the singer and produced by Universal Pictures. 
Existential Issues [ edit ]
Eight months after becoming engaged, in December 2019, Garner wed Mark Foster, lead singer of the band Foster the People, in a ceremony held at New York City Hall. 
Filmography [ edit ]
Film [ edit ]
Television [ edit ]
Honours and nominations [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- ^ a b c Emily Burack (April 27th, 2020) A Look at Julia Garner: 18 Facts Alma Published initially on February 13, 2022 Archive.org Retrieved Earlier this year, on February 13th, 2022
- ^ Julia Garner Honorary Members of the Television Academy Date of original archive: March 8, 2022 Retrieved March 8, 2022
- ^ Scott Macaulay (2012) Julia Garner Twenty-Five Rising Stars in the World of Independent Film. Filmmaker This version was archived from the original on February 14, 2021 Retrieved March 18, 2014
- ^ a b c d Author: Shattuck, Kathryn (March 1, 2013) Proven film industry veteran at age 19 New York’s Times The original version was published on March 7th, 2013. Retrieved Tuesday, February 27th, 2019 2017
- ^ Katherine Cusumano (2017-07-24). It was revealed that Julia Garner used a hand double for a particularly terrifying scene in Ozark. W Saved in draft form on October 3, 2017 Retrieved October 2, 2017
- ^ Kathryn Shattuck (March 2013) "An Old Pro at Only 19 Years of Age" A New York Newspaper Originally posted on March 7, 2013 Retrieved On the 27th of February, 2017
- ^ "@artbyannagarner" Instagram Date of original archive: March 16, 2022 Retrieved As of the 15th of February, 2022
- ^ a b "Julia Garner's Style: A Young Emmy Winner Finds Her Footing in Fashion" xnet ynet co in Hebrew, il When: 11 NOVEMBER 2019 In the original version from February 11, 2022 Retrieved 11 February 2022
- ^ a b "'ישראל זה הבית השני שלי. אני שמחה שהסרט שלי מופץ אצלכם'""'Israel is my second home.' " I'm thrilled that you're getting to see my movie. e walla co il (Hebrew letter) April 27, 2021 Published initially on February 13, 2022 Archive.org Retrieved Sunday, February 11th, 2019 2022
- ^ "Julia Garner Discusses Netflix's "Ozark""Streaming on Netflix is "Ozark," and Julia Garner talks about it. In the original version from September 12, 2021 Retrieved August 12, 2020 The YouTube Way
- ^ (January 29, 2013) Chitwood, Adam Actress Julia Garner has joined the cast of the upcoming film "SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR," which will star Eva Green. Collider In the original form on February 2, 2013 Retrieved April 17, 2020
- ^ March 2016 - Emami, Gazelle Making America Great Again Vulture com Date of original upload: March 16, 2016 Retrieved March 16, 2016
- ^ ''Ex-Annie Joins MCC's Smokefall,'' Variety reports. Playbill Sunday, January 24, 2016 In the original version from July 6, 2019 Retrieved April 28, 2017
- ^ Denise Petski (Oct.25, 2016) The Netflix drama "Ozark" has cast Julia Garner opposite Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. Variety Date of original publication: July 28, 2016 Retrieved As of the 26th of October, 2016
- ^ Posted by Denise Petski on August 22nd, 2017 "'Maniac': Sonoya Mizuno Cast As Regular & Julia Garner To Recur In Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Netflix Series"Emma Stone and Jonah Hill's Netflix show Maniac has added Sonoya Mizuno to its regular cast, and Julia Garner will have a recurring role. Movie Industry Snoozer In the original form on July 30, 2018 Retrieved October 3, 2018
- ^ Denise Petski (11 July 2018). "'Dirty John': Julia Garner & Juno Temple To Co-Star In Bravo True Crime Anthology Series"Article: "Dirty John" Casts Julia Garner, Juno Temple in Costarring Roles on Bravo's True Crime Anthology Series Hollywood's Last Chance This version was archived on January 31, 2022. Retrieved Thursday, January 30th, 2019 2022
- ^ Matt Warren (2019-2021) January 26. Nominees for the 2021 Film Independent Spirit Awards Have Been Announced! Independent Spirit Honors Date of original archive: January 26, 2021 Retrieved On the 26th of January, 2019. 2021
- ^ Nellie Andreeva and Denise Petski (October 31, 2019). The Netflix series based on Anna Delvey will star Anna Chlumsky, Julia Garner, and four other actresses from Shonda Rhimes' previous shows. Hollywood's Last Chance Date of original publication: October 31, 2019 Retrieved On the 1st of November, 2019
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie, and Denise Petski (20 July 2018). Shondaland's new Netflix shows include "The Warmth of Other Suns," "The Residence," "The Ellen Pao Project," and more. Late Breaking Hollywood News When first published online on November 9, 2020 Retrieved November 22nd, 2021
- ^ Denise Petski (11-22-2021) "'Inventing Anna': Shondaland Netflix Series Gets Premiere Date, First-Look Teaser""Shondaland's 'Inventing Anna' Gets Premiere Date, First Teaser" Tinseltown's Final Cut Date of original publication: November 22, 2021 Retrieved November 22nd, 2021
- ^ As of the 7th of January, 2022, the work of Justin Kroll can be found in. Paramount Players, Sunday Night, and Platinum Dune have cast Julia Garner in their suspense film, "Apartment 7A." In the Hollywood industry, the deadline is always "dead Posting to the original archive on January 11, 2022 Retrieved On the tenth of January, 2019. 2022
- ^ Justin Kroll (1 March 2022). "Julia Garner To Reunite With Her 'Assistant' Director Kitty Green On 'The Royal Hotel'"With "The Royal Hotel," Julia Garner will work again with "Assistant" Director Kitty Green. In the Hollywood industry, the deadline is always "dead." Date of original archive: March 2, 2022 Retrieved March 2, 2022
- ^ The 7th of June, 2022, Donnelly, Matt, and Ramin Setoodeh. "Julia Garner Has Been Offered the Madonna Role in Universal's Biopic" (EXCLUSIVE). Variety Retrieved June 8, 2022
- ^ Karen Mizoguchi (2019-12-29). Actress Julia Garner has married Foster the People lead singer Mark Foster. People Original version published January 4, 2020 Retrieved January 7, 2020
- ^ As of the 25th of March, 2020, Ms. Alexandra Macon "Julia Garner's Perfect City Hall Wedding" Vogue Originally published March 25, 2020 Retrieved March 25, 2020
- ^ Authors: Nahas, Aili, and Stone, Natalie (2019-05-03). Julie Garner and Mark Foster, a musician, have reportedly announced their engagement. People This version was archived on Monday, October 21, 2019 Retrieved August 29, 2019
- ^ Kristopher Tapley (2019-01-13). "'Roma,' 'The Americans' and 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' Win Top Critics' Choice Honors"It's been announced that "Roma," "The Americans," and "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" have all taken home awards from the critics' choice ceremonies. Variety To be found at the original archived copy on January 14, 2019 Retrieved July 7, 2020
- ^ Winners of the 2019 Gold Derby Television Awards are "Game of Thrones" and "Fleabag," with the rest of the awards being "divided" by the viewers. Gold Derby The 18th of September, 2019 Website to be archived on July 27, 2020 Retrieved July 7, 2020
- ^ "Nominees/Winners" Emmys com Association for the Advancement of Television Arts and Sciences Date of original archive: April 23, 2020 Retrieved July 7, 2020
- ^ David McNary, et al. Ensemble winners at the 2018 Screen Actors Guild Awards include "Black Panther," "Mrs. Maisel," and "This Is Us." Variety On April 12, 2021, the original version of this article will be archived. Retrieved July 7, 2020
- ^ "'Schitt's Creek' Leads Dorian TV Award Nominations"With the most nominations, "Schitt's Creek" is the frontrunner for the Dorian Television Awards. Publication of the Hollywood Reporter June 30, 2020 Retrieved July 4, 2020
- ^ Daniel Wloszczyna; Chris Beachum; Marcus James Dixon; Joyce Eng; Zach Laws; Paul Sheehan; Susan Wloszczyna; July 30, 2020. Daniel Montgomery; Chris Beachum; Marcus James Dixon; Joyce Eng; Zach Laws; Paul Sheehan; Susan Wloszczyna. "Succession, Schitt's Creek, and The Good Place are among the nominees for next year's Gold Derby Television Awards," the article reads. GoldDerby Retrieved July 30, 2020
- ^ 2019-2020 will be known as "THE YEAR OF THE WATCHMEN." Retrieved July 27, 2021
- ^ Title: "Press Release: Nominations for the 2020 Primetime Emmy® Awards" (PDF) Emmys com The Television Academy of Arts and Sciences Archived (PDF) first published online July 28, 2020 Retrieved July 28, 2020
- ^ Written by Michael Schneider on January 18th, 2021. "'Ozark,' 'The Crown' and Netflix Lead 26th Annual Critics' Choice Awards TV Nominations"The 26th Annual Critics' Choice Awards for Television Are Announced, and ‘Ozark,’ ‘The Crown,’ and Netflix Dominate the List of Nominees. Variety The original version was archived on January 18, 2021. Retrieved Sunday, January 18th, 2019 2021
- ^ Moreau, Justin; Oganesyan, Natalie. (February 3, 2021). All of the Nominees for the 2021 Golden Globes Variety Date of original archive: February 3, 2021 Retrieved Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 2021
- ^ There have been 27 years of Screen Actors Guild Awards, and this year they announced the nominees. Oscars of the Acting Industry Guild of Film Actors On this date in 2021: In the original version from February 4, 2021 Retrieved As of the 4th of February, 2021
- ^ "Only Murders, Pachinko, The White Lotus, and the rest of the 2022 Gold Derby TV Award winners" Gold Derby Monday, August 11th, 2022 Retrieved August 14, 2022
- ^ BEATRICE VERHOEVEN (July 7, 2022). "'This Is Us,' 'Succession,' 'Severance' Lead 2022 HCA TV Nominations"Awards for best television series go to "This Is Us," "Succession," and "Severance" in 2022. Hollywood Reporter Retrieved July 7, 2022
- ^ By Nellie Andreeva and Patrick Hipes (12 July 2022). Read on for the full rundown of those nominated for Emmys! Deadline Retrieved July 12, 2022
Connections outside the text [ edit ]
- Click here to view Julia Garner on IMDb: a href="MY_REDIRECT_PREFIXhttps://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q13560358#P345" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">img alt="Edit this at Wikidata" src="/image/empty.gif" data-src="//upload.wikimedia
Survivors bravely confront the apocalypse in thrilling Fear the Walking Dead Series Finale Recap. Don't miss this gripping conclusion filled with tension, emotions, and shocking twists. Experience the fight for survival as our protagonists stand their ground. Click now!
Discover the intricacies of Whitney and Asher's marriage, unravel Dougie's hidden secrets, and delve into the profound impact of self-reflection in episode 2 of "The Curse". Uncover the compelling dynamics and gripping revelations that will leave you spellbound.
Unravel the tangled hearts, delve into the love and secrets of Castaway Diva Episode 8. Discover an enticing journey that will captivate and leave you craving for more.
Laugh, cry, and cheer as you embark on a delightful and touching adventure with Season 3 of Abbott Elementary. Get ready for a heartwarming journey full of laughter and emotions. Don't miss out - click here for a dose of hilarious and heartwarming moments!