Everything a new subscriber to YouTube Red ought to know
Google is well aware of YouTube's status as a video hub containing content that can't be found elsewhere, including viral hits, music videos, and original shows.
Google, sensing an opportunity to cash in on its meteoric rise to prominence, launched Premium membership on YouTube , a service for which you pay a regular monthly fee to gain access to premium content and a host of additional features that enhance your viewing pleasure
Currently, you can purchase it in the following countries: Check out this information before committing.
Please note that the original version of this story appeared on February 3, 2016. Support for YouTube Kids and the full library of YouTube Red Originals are just two examples of the recent additions.
Just like YouTube, but without the commercials
Simply put: what is YouTube Red?
A YouTube Red membership costs $10 per month and removes ads from every video on the site. It was first presented as Using the YouTube Music Key1 a platform that removes advertisements while streaming videos and songs from YouTube In late October 2015, Google rebranded it as YouTube Red and made it available for all videos on the site.
Tell me, what do I get for my money
If you subscribe to YouTube Red, you won't have to deal with ads on desktop, mobile, or TV versions of the service. YouTube's paid content, such as subscription channels and TV shows and movies for purchase or rental, is excluded from this. It's possible that advertisements will still appear alongside such material.
Here's every gadget that supports YouTube Red's commercial-free streaming:
- Apps for Android and iOS that allow you to watch YouTube videos or play YouTube Games
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Toy consoles include the Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4.
- Streaming media player Roku (LT, 1, 2, 2 HD, 2 XD, 2 XS, 3, Streaming Stick, Roku TV).
- Compatible smart TVs
The Amazon Fire TV YouTube app does not yet support YouTube Red.
There are two other major features of YouTube Red that will change the way you watch videos: the ability to download videos to watch later and the ability to listen to videos with the screen off. These options can be found in the Android and iOS versions of YouTube, YouTube Kids, and YouTube Gaming.
You can save videos for up to 30 days on your mobile device to watch offline with or without an internet connection from YouTube. When you're not connected to the internet, you can't like or comment on a video.
Videos can be downloaded for offline viewing, and the user can choose the video quality in advance.
In addition to watching videos on your mobile device, the service allows you to listen to them through the speakers or headphones even when you're not actively using the device. Particularly helpful for music videos where you only care about the sound but still want to watch them
At long last, in the early months of 2016, YouTube Red subscribers started getting access to brand new, members-only original shows and movies from prominent YouTube creators. YouTube currently prioritizes its already established stars, but new content creators may launch channels and shows through Red in the future.
The last perk is a complimentary monthly Play Music.Google.Play YouTube Red includes a subscription (usually $10) If you already have a Google Play Music subscription, you will also have access to Red at no additional cost. These two services are being bundled together, so you will not incur any additional costs.
Where can I get it and how much does it cost?
Available only in the United States, New Zealand, Korea, and Mexico, YouTube Red costs $10 per month.
To ensure that this is the right choice for you, you can try it out for free for a full month. Log in to your Google account on YouTube Red's signup page. From now until the end of 2016, buying a Google Home speaker will also include a free six-month trial of YouTube Red.
Can you tell me what kinds of shows are exclusive to YouTube Red?
Beginning in February of 2016, Red subscribers could watch their very first shows and movies created specifically for them. Current YouTube Red Originals are listed below.
- A "twisted take on 'A Christmas Carol,'" "12 Deadly Days" is a horror-comedy web series. '"
- Lilly Singh, better known as IISuperwomanII on YouTube, embarks on a world tour that is chronicled in the documentary "A Trip to Unicorn Island."
- While their parents are out of town, the two brothers in the film "Alexander IRL" must put aside their differences and work together to achieve their goals.
- A BuzzFeed quiz determines the future social stratification of the world in the CollegeHumor short "Bad Internet."
- The three friends in the BuzzFeed series "Broke" relocate from Philadelphia to Los Angeles and learn to live with "first-world poverty." "
- YouTube stars danisnotonfire (Dan Howell) and AmazingPhil (Phil Lester) filmed their smash hit live stage show, "Dan and Phil - The Amazing Tour is Not on Fire."
- The movie "Dance Camp" is about a dance summer camp.
- A live-action animated series, "DanTDM Creates a Big Scene" follows DanTDM and his animated "friends" as they struggle to keep their show on the road.
- A murder mystery show hosted by Joey Graceffa, "Escape the Night"
- In the series "Fight of the Living Dead: Experiment 88," ten YouTubers are put through a simulated zombie apocalypse to see who can last the longest. Second season "Paradise Calls" is currently in production.
- Andie, the protagonist of "Foursome," is a high school sophomore who desperately wants a boyfriend. In the near future, Season 3 will premiere.
- The 13-episode animated series "Fruit Ninja: Frenzy Force" is the brainchild of Halfbrick Studios, the developers of the Fruit Ninja video game.
- In "Ghostemates," an original film by Smosh, Charlie moves into a fully furnished apartment that also happens to be inhabited by Eddie, a ghost.
- The film "Gigi Gorgeous: This is Everything" follows YouTube star Gigi Lazzarato through her incredible story.
- The GameGrumps six-part series "Good Game" follows a group of friends as they form an electronic sports team.
- Disney's "Hyperlinked" is a musical biopic about the five girls who created the social networking site Miss O and Friends.
- The YouTuber in "Jingle Ballin'" is missing his family during the holiday season.
- Vlogbrothers' documentary "Kedi" follows the lives of seven stray cats living in Istanbul.
- Based on a true story, Nick Cannon's "King of the Dancehall" is about a man who gets involved in the drug trade in Jamaica but instead gets swept up in the "dancehall musical craze." "
- Chicken and penguin are destined to rule Atlantis as king and queen, but their evil uncle steals the throne in the 13-part animated series "Kings of Atlantis," which takes its inspiration from the Minecraft video game.
- Rooster Teeth presents "Lazer Team," a film about four misfits who are thrust into the role of saviors of the planet.
- The seven-part drama series "Lifeline" follows the agents of the titular insurance firm as they travel through time to stop the untimely deaths of their policyholders.
- The documentary "Lindsey Stirling: Brave Enough" follows the violinist through some of the most trying times of her life.
- In "MatPat's GAME LAB," MatPat and other YouTube stars take on improbable video game challenges.
- MyLifeAsEva's six-part series "Me and My Grandma" follows a young woman as she relocates to Hollywood in pursuit of an acting career. Grandma comes along on the trip
- The creator of Vsauce, Michael Stevens, has made a video game called "Mind Field" that follows a similar structure to his own videos. It's a bunch of documentaries that go into great detail about weird stuff about the human mind, behavior, and consciousness. A second season of it has been ordered.
- Jesse Welle and Joey Graceffa, from the YouTube channels PrankvsPrank and BFvsGF, host a series called "Prank Academy" in which they instruct other YouTubers in the fine art of the practical joke.
- The story of Rhett and Link, two best friends who host a morning talk show called "Rhett & Link's Buddy System," and their struggle to keep it afloat. Moreover, a second season order was placed.
- The BIGBANG members get together for a camping reunion in the seven-part web series "Run, BIGBANG Scout!" to commemorate the group's tenth anniversary.
- Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on TV is about a special LAPD unit that pairs actors with homicide detectives to solve cases.
- Reality horror show "Scare PewDiePie" features the world's most subscribed YouTuber, PewDiePie (real name Felix Kjellberg), experiencing terrifying situations based on video games.
- A singing competition serves as the backdrop for the comedic series "Sing It!"
- 'Single By 30' is a show about two friends, Peter and Joanna, who promised to get married if they were still single at the age of 30.
- BuzzFeed's 10-part reality competition "Squad Wars" pits the Try Guys against other formidable teams in an array of challenges for the title of "Tryphy Winner." "
- In "The Keys of Christmas," a musical about the Christmas season, Mariah Carey, DJ Khaled, Fifth Harmony, and Nicky Jam teach "holiday hater" Rudy Mancuso the meaning of the holiday.
- The animated series "The Paranormal Action Squad" is aimed at adults interested in the investigation of supernatural phenomena.
- In the dystopian future of "The Thinning," a standardized test taken in high school determines who lives and who dies.
- 'Vlogumentary' is a documentary that explores the inner workings of the vlogging world.
- DIY tutorials, celebrity interviews, and more can be found throughout the 16 episodes of "We Are Savvy."
- Moviegoers can expect to see two best friends who end up dating each other because of their shared attraction to the same girl in "We Love You."
Considering the millions of dollars YouTube is pouring into more Red originals, we can expect a flood of brand new movies and TV shows in the near future.
If I don't want to subscribe to YouTube Red, how will it affect me?
Google has no plans to change YouTube at all. All of your favorite videos and channels will be available to you without a Red subscription, but you will have to endure advertisements.
Without YouTube Red's premium features, your current YouTube experience is unaltered. After an undetermined amount of time, the majority of Red's original content will also be made available for free with advertisements.
With YouTube Red, you can play audio from videos in any app.
Please explain what the YouTube Music app is.
At the same time as YouTube Red was unveiled, Google also unveiled the YouTube Music app. Songs, remixes, and music videos can all be located here in one convenient location on YouTube.
The Music app only returns musical video results when you conduct a search. Hence, if you look up "Taylor Swift," you'll find not only the official music videos, but also live performances, lyric videos, cover versions, and remixes. With a Red membership and YouTube Music, you can listen to music even when you aren't using the app or viewing content.
The app can be used without a YouTube Red subscription, but you won't have access to Red features like ad-free or background playback.
There is no reason for me to subscribe to YouTube Red.
While the absence of commercials may be enough to convince some people to join YouTube Red, the service's other features may be more alluring overall.
Downloading videos from YouTube and watching them offline is convenient for those who are constantly on the go. Anyone who enjoys listening to music on YouTube will appreciate the convenience of being able to do so even when the screen of their phone or tablet is turned off.
Red is compatible with the kid-friendly YouTube Kids app, too. You can download videos to watch later, giving you a way to entertain your kids on long flights or car rides.
When we talk about music, we can mention another reason to check out YouTube Red. With YouTube Red, you get both YouTube and Google Play Music, making it a better deal than competing music streaming services like Spotify or Rdio. While you may not prefer Google Play Music, the service's bundle of ad-free YouTube viewing, exclusive video content, and offline videos is hard to ignore. If you enjoy watching videos on YouTube and listening to music online, this may be the ideal solution for you.
Survivors bravely confront the apocalypse in thrilling Fear the Walking Dead Series Finale Recap. Don't miss this gripping conclusion filled with tension, emotions, and shocking twists. Experience the fight for survival as our protagonists stand their ground. Click now!
Discover the intricacies of Whitney and Asher's marriage, unravel Dougie's hidden secrets, and delve into the profound impact of self-reflection in episode 2 of "The Curse". Uncover the compelling dynamics and gripping revelations that will leave you spellbound.
Unravel the tangled hearts, delve into the love and secrets of Castaway Diva Episode 8. Discover an enticing journey that will captivate and leave you craving for more.
Laugh, cry, and cheer as you embark on a delightful and touching adventure with Season 3 of Abbott Elementary. Get ready for a heartwarming journey full of laughter and emotions. Don't miss out - click here for a dose of hilarious and heartwarming moments!