A native of the United States, actress Anna Maria Chlumsky (; born December 3, 1980) has a long list of credits to her name. Growing up in front of the camera, she first found fame for her role as Vada Sultenfuss in the films My Girl (1991) and My Girl 2 (1992). After playing some early roles, she took a break from 1999 to 2005 to concentrate on her education.
Chlumsky made a comeback to acting with appearances in several indie features, including Blood Car (2007) and In the Loop (2009). Among her many honors is six nominations for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her portrayal of Amy Brookheimer on the HBO series Veep (2012-2019).
Early life [ edit ]
Chlumsky is the daughter of singer/actress/former flight attendant Nancy (née Zuncic) and Frank Chlumsky Jr., and was born on the 2nd of January, 1974, in Chicago, Illinois. who doubles as a saxophonist and cook She grew up in a devoutly religious Catholic household. She hails from both the Czech Republic[6, 7] and Croatia[8, 9] 
Career [ edit ]
Starting in 1989 and continuing through 1998, [ edit ]
Although Chlumsky's breakthrough came from her roles in My Girl (1991) and My Girl 2 (1994), she began her career at a young age by modeling alongside her mother in an advertising campaign. She co-starred with Sissy Spacek in Trading Mom (1994) and with Christina Ricci in Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain (1995). She had starring roles in a number of TV movies and series in the middle to late '90s. 
Attended college and did not perform between 1999 and 2005. [ edit ]
Chlumsky put acting on hold to earn a BA in International Studies from the University of Chicago in 2002. A fact-checker for Zagat Survey in New York City followed by editorial assistant work at a HarperCollins SF/Fantasy imprint in NYC followed her college graduation.  Although she graduated from the Atlantic Acting School in Manhattan, she decided that a career in publishing would leave her feeling unfulfilled and so she returned to acting. 
From 2006 onwards: I'm acting again [ edit ]
On January 12, 2007, Chlumsky guest-starred as Mary Calvin on an episode of Law & Order: SVU's 17th season; on March 15, 2010, she guest-starred as Lisa Klein in the show's 20th season. She made her 30 Rock debut in the March 2007 episode "The Fighting Irish," in which she played Liz Lemler, a rival of the show's protagonist Liz Lemon's romantically, after Lemon mistakenly sends Lemler flowers. In 2009, Chlumsky appeared in four episodes of the ABC drama Cupid. Towards the end of that year, she was featured as Jan Lucas in the Lifetime Television film 12 Men of Christmas.
In February 2008, she debuted in the LAByrinth Theater Company's Off-Broadway production of Unconditional by Brett C. Leonard at The Public Theater. In November 2005, she was the lead in Balm in Gilead by Lanford Wilson at New York's American Theatre of Actors. 
In 2009, she co-starred with Peter Capaldi, Tom Hollander, Chris Addison, James Gandolfini, and Mimi Kennedy in Armando Iannucci's BBC Films political satire In The Loop, which was a sort-of spinoff of Iannucci's BBC TV series The Thick of It. In the film, she portrays Liza, an assistant in the State Department, at number 15. On HBO's Veep, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus and created by Chlumsky and Armando Iannucci, Chlumsky played Amy Brookheimer, an aide to Louis-Dreyfus' character. New York's Rattlestick Playwrights Theater presented the world premiere of David Adjmi's 3C in June 2012, and she played the lead role.
Dan Aykroyd, who played her father in the first two My Girl films, has said that work on a third film's script began in 2003.  Chlumsky "put to rest" rumors that such a film was in development in April of 2012. Chlumsky has been busy between the years 2011 and 2013, making guest appearances on shows like White Collar and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as well as NBC's Hannibal adaptation.
Chlumsky has previously been seen on Broadway in You Can't Take It with You, and she will be joining the cast of the Renee Fleming, Jerry O'Connell, and Douglas Sills comedy Living on Love in the role of editor Iris Peabody in April 2015.
In the fourth season of the AMC Networks series Halt and Catch Fire, which aired in 2017, Chlumsky played the role of Dr. Gordon Clark (Scoot McNairy) is hopelessly in love with Katie Herman. 
In the Netflix limited drama series Inventing Anna, created by Shonda Rhimes and starring Julia Garner, Chlumsky was cast as a main character in October 2019. In the 2021 Rugrats remake by Paramount, Chlumsky plays Charlotte Pickles. 
Relationships in one's own life [ edit ]
She got engaged to Shaun So, an Army Reserve member who had already done a tour of duty in Afghanistan, in October 2007. In the year 2000 , they became roommates at the University of Chicago. They have two daughters, one born in July 2013 and the other in August 2016. They tied the knot on March 8, 2008 in Brooklyn, New York. 
Filmography [ edit ]
Film [ edit ]
Television [ edit ]
Prizes and nominations [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- ^ The 18th of June, 2019 Anna Chlumsky A. Chlumsky, Anna Conversations with Justin Long on the Shortness of Life. By Justin Long's Interrogation The time of the event is currently 8:10 pm. The original version was last modified: October 31, 2020. Retrieved Thursday, October 17 2019 Stitcher Radio
- ^ a b Star performer Anna Chlumsky TVGuide com The original version was published on November 18th, 2015. Retrieved August 21, 2017
- ^ Legacy of the late Frank Chlumsky, Jr. page accessed on May 14, 2014 from http://www.com.
- ^ Posted by Cindy Pearlman on January 26, 1992 The supporting cast becomes a driving force in the film. Sun-Times, Chicago
- ^ Earlier this year, on May 26th, 2016, Chantal Strasburger The Correct Pronunciation Is KLUM-ski. Sweet This version was archived on September 20, 2017, from the original Retrieved In reference to today's date (December 28), 2016
- ^ YouTube youtube com Date of original publication: October 17, 2013
- ^ According to "My Girl," Anna Chlumsky is now taken. PEOPLE com Date of original publication: March 29, 2011 Retrieved 2011-03-26
- ^ Title: "ANNA CHLUMSKY, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and other VEEP stars celebrate the Czech Centennial" Cast: YouTube On this date in 2018 (12/11), Date of original publication: August 11, 2022
- ^ Anna Chlumsky discusses the NBA and Christmas Day with allball.com, archived from the original on 2018-12-01. blogs nba Accessed February 5, 2017 from: com, December 18, 2014
- ^ Ann Chlumsky" TVGuide com Retrieved 2022-02-15
- ^ a b Hannah Southwick (2022-12-13) Learn All There Is to Know About Shaun So, the Lucky Man Who Got to Marry Anna Chlumsky Entertainment, Food, Health, Life, and Holidays on the Promenade Retrieved 2022-02-15
- ^ By Kevin Fallon (June 23, 2016). "Veep's Secret Weapon: Anna Chlumsky" Every Day Weird
- ^ Author: Caro, Mark "Anna Chlumsky, the star of 'My Girl,' all grown up" Tribune of Chicago Date of original upload: January 19, 2013 Retrieved 2011-01-20
- ^ Anna Chlumsky Cast as Lead in Off-Broadway Production of 'Balm in Gilead' by Lanford Wilson" (Broadway World) web.com; accessed May 14, 2014
- ^ Chlumsky and Gandolfini star in "In the Loop." Ew com 2008-05-01 Page archived from original on 2014-05-17. Retrieved 2011-03-27
- ^ Jean Bentley, AP Stylebook Contributor 3 December 2010 An Actress from 'Dora the Explorer' Drops Her Lawsuit and More" "Congress Bans Loud Commercials," "Dora the Explorer' Actress Drops Her Lawsuit," etc. TV Squad AOL com Retrieved 2011-01-20
- ^ Dan Aykroyd Is Now Promoting My Girl 3 ScrapeTV com Saved in its original form on July 18, 2012 Retrieved 2011-03-27
- ^ Ann Chlumsky Says No to My Girl 3 YouTube April 27, 2012 Date of original publication: November 18, 2021 Retrieved 2015-09-06
- ^ "Halt and Catch Fire" Adds Anna Chlumsky for Season 4 on AMC" Networks, AMC 9 June 2017
- ^ By Nellie Andreeva and Denise Petski (October 31, 2019). Shonda Rhimes' Netflix adaptation of Anna Delvey features a cast of five, including Anna Chlumsky and Julia Garner. Hollywood's Final Cut Retrieved On this day in history, November 1st, 2019
- ^ Brian Strindberg (March 18, 2021). "Nickelodeon Gambles on 'Rugrats' Comeback as Animation Production Picks Up Speed" Variety Retrieved March 18, 2021
- ^ My Girl, Anna Chlumsky, Is Now Taken. People On this date in 2007 (October 11), Date of original archived version: March 29, 2011 Retrieved 2011-04-13
- ^ According to Cooper, Gael Fashingbauer (October 24, 2014). As a military girlfriend, the 'Veep' star opens up about the challenges she faces. TODAY com Retrieved 2017-05-29
- ^ Nardine Saad (July 18th, 2013). Anna Chlumsky of "Veep" celebrates her Emmy nomination and newborn daughter by raising a glass. The Times (Los Angeles) Retrieved 21 October 2014
- ^ Juneau, Jennifer, and Julia Jordan. Clara Elizabeth Chlumsky, Anna's Newborn Daughter People Retrieved Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011. 2016
- ^ a b c d Season 2013-2014. Original version posted on October 24, 2016 Retrieved 2015-07-26
- ^ See the complete list of Emmy Award nominees for 2017. Variety July 13, 2017 Retrieved August 21, 2017
Survivors bravely confront the apocalypse in thrilling Fear the Walking Dead Series Finale Recap. Don't miss this gripping conclusion filled with tension, emotions, and shocking twists. Experience the fight for survival as our protagonists stand their ground. Click now!
Discover the intricacies of Whitney and Asher's marriage, unravel Dougie's hidden secrets, and delve into the profound impact of self-reflection in episode 2 of "The Curse". Uncover the compelling dynamics and gripping revelations that will leave you spellbound.
Unravel the tangled hearts, delve into the love and secrets of Castaway Diva Episode 8. Discover an enticing journey that will captivate and leave you craving for more.
Laugh, cry, and cheer as you embark on a delightful and touching adventure with Season 3 of Abbott Elementary. Get ready for a heartwarming journey full of laughter and emotions. Don't miss out - click here for a dose of hilarious and heartwarming moments!